Dark Raven Reloaded...Help please

Damsel1Damsel1 Posts: 227
edited November 2014 in Poser Discussion

I love Dark Raven and so I had to have Dark Raven Reloaded and the new texture for it. I cannot make it load for the life of me. I put all of my files in C/User/Public/Public Documents/My DAZ 3D Library and that's where I put the content files, then it has a Legacy file that I assumed went in Studio (the latest). My DSON file went in the My DAZ 3D Library folder first...didn't work so I put it in the Poser 10 folder which is the software I have and I get the error message from both "poser.error: Couldn't create unimesh geometry". I think I have moved them all around and nothing seems to work. WAH! What am I doing wrong, I love it, I spent a lot on it and can't use it for 24 hrs so far. I don't think we are allowed to contact the vendor so here I am. :-)\

Post edited by Damsel1 on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You should have a DSON core file, which is the DS 4.6 file. The legacy file is for Older versions of DS.. You also need the Poser CF file.for it to work in Poser.

• Damsel1Damsel1 Posts: 227
    edited November 2014

All three were included. Minus the Legacy file, where would
    you install the DS file and the CF file? And while we're at it, the main DSON file? Might as well ask it all. :-) Thanks~!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

That I don't know, as I only use an older version of Poser, so don't use anything Genesis orientated, but I will see if I can find someone who does know.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,440
    edited December 1969

The DSON Core and the Poser CF files should have been correct in the C/User/Public/Public Documents/My DAZ 3D Library folder, assuming you have that selected as an external library in Poser. Did they not show in the library, or did they show but error out, or did they show and load into the item list but without any visible parts in the viewport?

edited November 2014

HI Richard,

They went into the My DAZ 3D Library fine and the entire list plus thumbs showed in a drop down list under that same folder fine. Then when I double click the bodysuit (and others) the DSON starts on the Girl or Vicky 6...and I see "loading Cr2, then it stops and up pops the message above about not being able to create the geometry. And no parts of the suit show. And I removed the legacy file from Studio and still it does the same. The DSON file didn't go into that directory when I said to so I copied it into the directory. When that didn't work I installed the 64 bit DSON into it and it said it's there but I don't see it. Also where do I install the file that came wssith the Poser CF file named "IM00015077-01_DarkRavenReloaded"?

Thanks for the help Richard!

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,809
    edited December 1969

Do other DSON items work?

The DSON Importer needs to be installed to the Poser Program directory. Since you are using Poser 10, you need the 32-bit version...

edited December 1969

WandW said:
    Do other DSON items work?

The DSON Importer needs to be installed to the Poser Program directory. Since you are using Poser 10, you need the 32-bit version...

Yes, most work...ie the Girl, Vicky 6, The Sequin Dress, the CordivaeDress. I will install the .32 bit DSON to the main Poser 10 directory. I was going by what my operating system is. Let me see if that makes a difference. I still don't know wherere to put the first file under content. The one with the Poser CF file. I have had it in studio and in the directory in Poser with the Poser CF file and neither works.

But let me check on moving the installation of the .32 bit DSON file to see if that helps. Thank you for your input!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

How are you installing them? If you're doing it manually, are you just extracting the Runtime folder? You need the Data folder from the main zip (the one without PoserCF).

edited November 2014

How are you installing them? If you're doing it manually, are you just extracting the Runtime folder? You need the Data folder from the main zip (the one without PoserCF).

Moving the DSON installation to thre main Poser 10 folder didn't change anything.

When I install the products, I double click on the icon and it opens with one"content" file each. One is the PoserCF file and a Manifest.dsx is always second and sometimes another file like the .dsx file.
    To install each I highlight none so they all go and click to exteract or unzip and direct the entire thing to wherever I want it.

And where does that unzip of the non Poser CF one go?

edited December 1969

Okay, you're probably getting a folder named "Content" inside of your Poser content folder. You need to take everything that's UNDERNEATH the folder named "Content" and move it up one level, so that the Runtime and Data folders are directly underneath your Poser content folder.

edited November 2014

I usually watch out for that sort of thing, but I will do it anyway in case I have lost my mind tonight which is entirely possible. :-) I still need to know where that second folder goes...the not the Mama one. (Poser CF) But the other one.

edited November 2014

Was there also supposed to be some dson things in the Python directory because there is nothing in mine that refers to dson?

OMG I just noticed how long I have been a member here! Yikes, I need a medal or something.

edited December 1969

That goes in a writeable Poser content folder, it can be either the same one as the PoserCF or a different one, but it can't be in Program Files/Program Files (x86).

edited November 2014

Okay thanks, I will leave them together then. What aboutg dson in the python folder? We are about esxhaUSTING OUR ATTEMPTS HERE! Sorry, I wasn't yelling, just hit the dumb caps key by mistake.

edited December 1969

Damsel1 said:
    Was there also supposed to be some dson things in the Python directory because there is nothing in mine that refers to dson?

OMG I just noticed how long I have been a member here! Yikes, I need a medal or something.

Yes, the "DSON Importer for Poser" goes in the location you have the Poser.exe

edited December 1969

But after I install it there, I see nothing pertaining to dson in the Python folder. Is that ok?

edited December 1969

Oops, I see it in the python folder now...maybe we have a go Cap'n! I'll check

edited November 2014

NOOOOOO poser.error: Couldn't create unimesh geometry DARN IT.

I guess I will quit for tonight and tackle it in the morning. If you have a dream about the answer, I expect you to wake up, jump out of bed and type it to me! LOL not really. Thanks everyone for the help!

edited December 1969

Just a little update, I did find that the legacy file is needed too, in the DAZ 3D Content folder with everything else. Possibly since the new product is based on the former one. But while I can get it to show in DAZ Studio, nothing shows in Poser. In fact of all the characters for let's say Genesis 2 female, some show and load and some will never even show. And I look in windows explorer and they are there sitting right next to a character that shows and loads like they are supposed to. Grrrr I need to do a search for a guide on how and where to install each type of file in both programs. I just bought Cliff's tutorial, maybe that will help?