dForce Regina Hair for Genesis 8 not visible when rendered

As it says in the titile dForce Regina Hair for Genesis 8 not visible when rendered.

The "Visible in Render" setting is on. Generate Hairs, Preview Hairs in parameters tab all on.

But it's not there when i use a render tool or nvidia View.

Is there something I am missing or is it the product?

ReginaHair.PNG
1195 x 785 - 375K
ReginaHaira.PNG
1131 x 930 - 310K

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,198

Have you changed line tesselation to 2 or 3?

And be aware that Iray preview is not a render,

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,878

Hello there. Sorry to hear you are having trouble. You should not be changing tessalation lines the hair should be rendering fine out of the box in the final render. I just tried it and it renders as it should.

However It will not be visible in iray preview, you have to do a proper render. Make sure you are rendering with Iray and not 3Delight. What version of DS are you using?

• bf2011bf2011 Posts: 149
    Toyen said:

Hello there. Sorry to hear you are having trouble. You should not be changing tessalation lines the hair should be rendering fine out of the box in the final render. I just tried it and it renders as it should.

However It will not be visible in iray preview, you have to do a proper render. Make sure you are rendering with Iray and not 3Delight. What version of DS are you using?

Hey thank you for your reply. I'm using 4.15 all iray settings. I did use some shaping settings for the hair to lift it up a little before simulation so that it doesn't peace skin and doesn't touch anything, other than than i haven't used any other settings, i used a render tool to select a portion of an image to run a render but i haven't done an official render om it yet.
  • ToyenToyen Posts: 1,878

That shouldn't matter the hair should be showing up in render tool as well. Do you have 'Geometry Editor' active by nay chance? If so that might be the reason why the hair is not showing up in render.

• bf2011bf2011 Posts: 149
    Toyen said:

That shouldn't matter the hair should be showing up in render tool as well. Do you have 'Geometry Editor' active by nay chance? If so that might be the reason why the hair is not showing up in render.

After deleting it from the scene and reloading back onto a figure it rendered fine. I wish i tried it first before writing about it. Thank you for offering help with a product on such a short notice.