Filter by Context has stopped working

I'm using Daz 4.15.
Recently I've noticed that when using the Smart Content tab the "Filter by Context" box if checked will no longer display any of my items if I have a figure selected.  Unchecked I can see all my items, but this is a pain as it shows everything thing from V4 up to Genesis 8 which can be a huge time waster.

I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling Genesis 8 essentials which somebody said was a possible fix, but it didn't work.

Has anybody else had this problem and how did you solve it?

Comments

• Is this regardless of what you have selected - figure, different figure, nothing?

• I can confirm I had this issue for the genesis 8 female base (and only for G8F), but it was fixed by reinstalling G8F starter essentials and afterwards refreshing metadata for this product.

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,336

Richard Haseltine said:

Is this regardless of what you have selected - figure, different figure, nothing?

So far I've only noticed it when I have a figure selected.  If nothing is selected all the items will be there.  I'll have to see if it happens with male figures and figures other than Gen 8. 

PixelSploiting said:

I can confirm I had this issue for the genesis 8 female base (and only for G8F), but it was fixed by reinstalling G8F starter essentials and afterwards refreshing metadata for this product.

I'm not showing any info no matter what generation character male or female is selected.  Am going to try unistalling and reinstalling all the Starter essentials and refresh the metadata to see if that works.

check box.jpg
    1065 x 471 - 88K
    unchecked.jpg
    1019 x 431 - 101K
    edited April 2021

PixelSploiting said:

I can confirm I had this issue for the genesis 8 female base (and only for G8F), but it was fixed by reinstalling G8F starter essentials and afterwards refreshing metadata for this product.

Yep, that did fix the problem.   I uninstalled ALL the starter essentials for every generation and reinstalled them, and then refreshed the metadata for everything.  Don't know if that was completely necessary, but the problem is solved. 

Looks like I spoke too soon the problem is still there.   It seems that certain figures will cause this problem,  but I've unfortunately been working around it for a while, and didn't notice exactly when I first noticed it.

Post edited by nelsonsmith on
  • DMaxDMax Posts: 637

I have been having this issue... when filtering by context (for G8M) almost every product disappears from smart content. Has this got anything to do with the fact that I am using DS offline (in order not for the auto-update to totally mess up with my product icons).

• For those seeing this with G8 males, check to see if you have the PHX Tucker character installed.   If so, try deleting the product via DIM, then re-downloading and re-installing.  There was a problem with the metadata for that character when it was first released.

Cheers,

Olo

• DMaxDMax Posts: 637

Olo_Ordinaire said:

For those seeing this with G8 males, check to see if you have the PHX Tucker character installed.   If so, try deleting the product via DIM, then re-downloading and re-installing.  There was a problem with the metadata for that character when it was first released.

Cheers,

Olo

Ahhh I was so hopeful for this solution but sadly I do not have Tucker... he's on my wishlist but not yet purchased :(