Casual Outfit Issue with shoulder

I am using the following product: 

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-mi-casual-outfit-for-genesis-8-males

I am getting a strange effect with the shoulders, and I can't figure out why.

This happens when I add it to the character. Nothing in the parameters seems to adjust it. 

After running a simulation the shoulder looks like this:

The character is fairly thin, does anyone know what could be done here?

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

it's usually down to the morphs used in the figure. I just checked it out myself and the lithe morph causes this also on my end. Either don't use the lithe morph or put in a support ticket to get it fixed. really sad that it has been out for awhile and noone has seemed to have reported this.

• The issue is that the top has a Rigidity Group, which limits the way that morphs can affect it, so that those areas are getting left static while the reset of the outfit follows the morph. I suspect part of the issue may be the rather odd selection of vertices thata re acting as a reference (the shirt's rigid areas will follow the way those areas are affected by morphs) so you might try:

1. select the top
    2. Tools>Geometry Editor
    3. In the Tool Settings pane (Window>Panes(Tabs)>Tool Settings, if it isn't open) click the Vertex Selection radio button at the very top
    4. Click the +  next to the References group, right at the bottom of the list in the pane
    5. Right-click on the References>Remove Selected vertices from Group

Does that help? If not you may need to selet the sticky out areas of the shoulders by dragging over the mesh with the tool, or switch to marquee select fro right-click in Viewport>Selection Mode (it doesn't matter if you get more than the area that is being problematic, but I think you want to avoid selecting the detailed areas of the collar) then right-click on the Participants entry in the Tool Settings pane>Remove Selected Vertices from Group.

Rigidity groups help to avoid the emsh getting lumpy when multiple morphs are applied, or clinging too closely, but they can be a problem when you do want the model to follow the morph.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305
    edited April 2021

This happens with mal3imagery's other item dForce MI Autumn Outfit for Genesis 8 Male(s) | Daz 3D, as well.  I had all kinds of problems fitting these items to female characters, but, since I've not done a lot of cross-gender conversions, I thought it was just me screwing up, but it's a matter of the shirt just not working with certain shapes.

There's not a lot of nice looking clothing for males, so maybe people didn't want to complain too much, so as not to discourage the PA.  It's too bad, because this type of wardrobe is just as lacking for female characters as it is for male ones.

Thanks for the helpful information, Richard, but I couldn't get it any better than this, and it's  This is August 8.1 Male.  All simulated in A-pose separately for each morph change.  Ignore the loose pants, since that's not hard to fix.

Base August 8.1 Male - Not great

August 8.1 Male 100 pct More Masculine - Much better, could probably pass

August 8.1 Male 100 pct More Feminine - Unusable

There's also weirdness with non-contiguous face groups, but I don't know if that affects this.

Face Group lCollar.jpg
    1195 x 1200 - 351K
    Face Group ChestUpper.jpg
    1199 x 1196 - 355K
    Post edited by Sevrin on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,893

Look at the product page. The product doesn't support ANY Daz character or body morphs. The included adjustment morphs are not adequate to accommodate other character shapes, in my experience. (I tried Dasan 8 - it did not work out well at all. You can't even dForce the garments if you can't resolve the body pokethrough to start with.) There is a commercial thread for this product. You might find additional information there. I've decided not to buy anything else from this PA, based on my experience with this product, and his attitude that it is "too tedious" to support FBMs.

• Removed the vertices, and went further and removed them all, and while better, the problem persisted. 

Thought of trying more editing and maybe even using Mesh Grabber to see if I could force it into place, but switched assets instead. I think it will be easier to make the other clothing do what I want with fit control and mesh grabber rather than get this thing to work properly.

Seriously I shouldn't have to fix the assets after I purchase them. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,893

TheMageWilliam said:

Removed the vertices, and went further and removed them all, and while better, the problem persisted. 

Thought of trying more editing and maybe even using Mesh Grabber to see if I could force it into place, but switched assets instead. I think it will be easier to make the other clothing do what I want with fit control and mesh grabber rather than get this thing to work properly.

Seriously I shouldn't have to fix the assets after I purchase them. 

If you bought it in the last 30 days, you can return it for a refund. Send a sales help request

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014
    edited April 2021

You could try expanding the structure of the shirt and try scaling the x-value of the upper chest and/or shoulders (select "show hidden parameters"). I use this method quite often to fix miscellaneous fitting problems.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • barbult said:

If you bought it in the last 30 days, you can return it for a refund. Send a sales help request

Nope, bought it at the end of November. Didn't use it until recently.

• PerttiA said:

You could try expanding the structure of the shirt and try scaling the x-value of the upper chest and/or shoulders (select "show hidden parameters"). I use this method quite often to fix miscellaneous fitting problems.

I will give that a try, thanks.

And thanks Richard Haseltine for your assistance also.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Honestly, you'll have better luck fitting your character to the shirt than the shirt to your character.

• mal3Imagerymal3Imagery Posts: 712
    edited April 2021

Hey there @TheMageWilliam

I'm very sorry that you're having issues with my product.  Like Richard said Rigidity is causing the weird issue that you are seeing in your posted pic. I see the flaws in my first product and had made those changes in regards to the problematic shoulder and the waist area.  The problem should be no more after the fix is applied.  See the below for reference.  I will try and get the change applied as soon as possible as I been busy with IRL and trying to get my next product out.  I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Not sure what thin character you used, but I posted an example below with: Body Size -100%, Weight -100%, Emaciated 100%

No dForce used.  Some minor adjustment will still need to be in use as per Rigidity's nature.

Dwarf Morph 100%

Body Size 100%

Body Size -100%, Weight -100%, Emaciated 100%

Casual_BodySizeMax_1.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 263K
    Casual_BodySizeMax_2.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 372K
    Casual_Dwarf_1.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 344K
    Casual_Dwarf_2.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 343K
    Casual_Skinny_1.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 218K
    Casual_Skinny_2.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 252K
    Post edited by mal3Imagery on
  • Sevrin said:

Honestly, you'll have better luck fitting your character to the shirt than the shirt to your character.

You'd think so, putting it on a raw character like Owen, it works until I add the Thin morph, and shoulder pads start showing up. On a character like Mr. Wu, it shows up immediately. And I want my character even thinner.

I have been contacted by the creator of this outfit, so hopefully, he can figure it out.

• mal3Imagery said:

Hey there @TheMageWilliam

I'm very sorry that you're having issues with my product.  Like Richard said Rigidity is causing the weird issue that you are seeing in your posted pic. I see the flaws in my first product and had made those changes in regards to the problematic shoulder and the waist area.  The problem should be no more after the fix is applied.  See the below for reference.  I will try and get the change applied as soon as possible as I been busy with IRL and trying to get my next product out.  I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Not sure what thin character you used, but I posted an example below with: Body Size -100%, Weight -100%, Emaciated 100%

No dForce used.  Some minor adjustment will still need to be in use as per Rigidity's nature.

Our posts must have crossed and didn't catch that. I do see that you replied to my message, but figured I would reply here.

Here is Michael 8, with only the Thin morph, 100%, nothing else. 

I haven't tried emaciated yet. So you shouldn't need Mr. Wu or Owen that were in the images I sent in the message. 

But just putting it on Michael 8 caused this:

No morphs applied here. 

Anyway, thanks for addressing this issue. I'll keep an eye open for the update. 

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898

TheMageWilliam said:

But just putting it on Michael 8 caused this:

No morphs applied here. 

Anyway, thanks for addressing this issue. I'll keep an eye open for the update.

Just to be sure, select G8M and go to the Parameters Tab and look under "Currently Used" on the left to see if there is something dialed in that you are not aware of.

• mal3Imagerymal3Imagery Posts: 712
    edited April 2021

TheMageWilliam said:

Here's a side compare of Michael with Thin Morph.  You won't get a more refine look on the collar now, since I lessen Rigitiy, but should remove the shoulder pad look. (From Left (new) to Right(old) with default settings).

I always recommend using smoothing iterations values between 5-15 on anything clothing related for a more refine finish look.  That's why DAZ has it there :)

You can use it for the time being to help with the issue before the changes becomes live.  See below.

Casual_Michael_2.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 587K
    Casual_Michael_2_SmoothIter10.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 628K
    Smooth 10 iterations.JPG
    552 x 87 - 17K
    Post edited by mal3Imagery on