Missing files on New folder path

I moved my daz library to a new drive with more space but when I open older scenes I get this window telling me the project can't find files in the old path. This happens with character shapes, clothing, accessories and converted files... I also will be installing everything again in a new computer and I'm wondering if it will do the same thing when I open an older scene project with the files being in a new drive.

Screenshot_7.jpg
853 x 1002 - 186K

Comments

• Have you updated the content directory locations in Edit>Preferences>Content tab>Content Directory Manager?

• darkmoondarkmoon Posts: 12

Richard Haseltine said:

Have you updated the content directory locations in Edit>Preferences>Content tab>Content Directory Manager?

Yes I have, but even when I select the same hard drive it still tells me it can't find the files. This happens with clothing items and characters morphs

• Whata re the paths to the files, and what are your content directories?

edited April 2021

This is my current directory for my daz library. It is the original directory in the smaller hard drive because like i said, when I moved it to the bigger drive it lost everything even when i copied the entire My Daz 3D Library to the new drive. I followed a tutorial on youtube by the WP Guru on how to use this Content Directory Manager and added a new directory to the new bigger hard drive but it still couldnt find files for some characters and converted items. So to not stop working on my projects I simply continued using the smaller drive and set the directory manager to look for things in the smaller C drive again but even thought I went back like this, it still cannot find some converted clothing items for some reason.

I just want to know if there is a way to tell that Missing Files Window or the project ''hey, the files are now in a new location, here let me point where the new folder for that file is'' and get the project to look for the files in a new place. Or do I need to just keep the files in the excact same folder with the excact same folders names so that the project will find the paths for such files.

Thank you a lot btw for taking the time to answer my question

Screenshot_3.jpg
    748 x 727 - 54K
    Post edited by darkmoon on
  • So where are the files that are on disc but not being found?

In My Daz 3D Library, in the small (C) drive. Sorry for late reply, I had no internet this weekend until now. What I ended up doing for MOST files that were not found was to make a copy and place it in a folder with the excact same names that this ''Missing files'' window is showing so that it can find the files again but still sucks that I can't have my files in a bigger drive when this one is running out of space. When I made this post however, I literally had a copy of My Daz 3D Library on both the small (C) drive and the big (D) drive. Now I only have them in the (C) where they were originally. 

So to reiterate, I am running out of disk space in my (C) drive so I wanted to move my daz files to a bigger disk (D). But when I open a project I get this window saying it can't find some files. I used the Content Directory Manager to tell daz to look for stuff in the new (D) drive but it still can't find SOME items like converted morphs, converted clothing, some character shapes and third party products even thought they were also copied over in the same My Daz 3D Library to the new (D) drive. 

• Converted files would probably get written to the /Documents/Daz 3D/Studio/My Library folder, not the Public Docuiemnts My Daz 3d Library folder.