After installing Mabel 8, loading every other character, is loaded Mabel 8 too. SOLVED !

emanuela1emanuela1 Posts: 576

Troubles after installing Mabel 8, need help.

I have installed Mabel 8 that is a wonderful character. After installing, there are problems with the other characters. Whwn i load one of the character of g8 or apply a character to g8, it load mabel too. For example if i load Chamelon rose 2, the character is chamelon rose plus Mabel, so i can see chamelon rose version old woman. Same thing happen with all other character and also when i load genesis 8 (or 8.1) and then apply the character. Every time i load a character i have to search in parameter tabs Mabel's body and head and put manually at 0. 

How I can solve the problem?

In the  attachment 2 files: the image of the results and the log of loading the character with the wrong result.

Thank you for help

emanuela1

txt
txt
log-08042021c.txt
Post edited by emanuela1 on

Comments

• Please put the Viewport into Smooth Shaded mode if you need to show a nude figure.

Make sure you are using the latest version of Mabel, downloaded from your account/via DIM or Daz Central/installed through Daz Studio itself. I don't recall this ever having been an issue, but it's possible I've forgotten and you are using an old installer. However, I suspect it's more likely a different character that is calling up Mabel (and probably some other morphs) and it's only now that mabel is installed that the issue is obvious. Are theer any other character shapes with non-zero values if you load the Genesis 8 Female base?

• emanuela1emanuela1 Posts: 576

Sorry for nude figure.

I'v tried to  follow your indication, disinstalled mabel 8 with DIM, downloaded manually, reinstalled with DIM, but don't solve the problem. 

When load genesis 8 or 8.1,   the caracter is ok and every character has 0 value, but if i load a character or apply it to g8, the result is the character + Mabel, with tab parameter at 100% and I have to put 0 om Mabel body and head. 

Looking in the log file seems to load mabel  toghether with a character. Looking in the log when load a character or apply to the genesis 8 and genesis 8.1, it seems load character and Mabel too.

I have another file too, called oldgenesis8female.duf. This one came with the installation of a character (don't remember wich). If I load that old  g8, appear like an old woman mix of g8 and Mabel (attached and dressed).

In the attachment  the old g8 and the new  log of she's loading.

Thank you

emanuela1

txt
    txt
    log09042021.txt
    erroreg8.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 1M
  • What does the Mabel 8 product thumbnail look like in the products tab of Smart Content?

edited April 2021

I tried several mode to solve. Disinstalled genesis 8 and reinstall with DIM, but genesis 8.1 disappeared. Then I have uninstalled DAZ studio with DIM and reinstalled with DAZ Central. Genesis 8.1 reappeared, but the basic problem remain. If i load genesi 8 or 8.1 it works, but if i load a character or apply a character to genesis 8, the result is the charactarer I have intention to load and Mabel 8, mixed. At that point i put to 0 mabel parameter manually,  so remain the character i loaded, but do it every time is boring. The last characters i have installed are Helena Harper and Phantom for g8. Maybe i did something wrong using them because the problem beginned after the the use of those models.   I have read another thread of this forum, "messed something up and now Genesis 8 always loads with preapplied morphs.", but my problem is different and trying to follow those instructions I made a worse disaster.

Now, genesis 8.1 is loaded seemingly without problems,  but every character is loaded with Mabel 8 mixed. 

What I can do? I have to delete and reinstall everything? How to do? I keep original DAZ and other products in two separate folders, if i have to delete, which parts i have to backup?

HELP!

Thank you

emanuela1

In attachment the results and the mabel product thumbnail in  in the products tab of Smart Content and the last 2 logs

err-mab8-g81.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 1M
    txt
    txt
    new-log-100421d.txt
    txt
    txt
    new-log-100421c.txt
  • If you save a Character preset after zeroing Mabel does that then load correctly?

edited April 2021

I  tried 2 ways: 

1) load Chamelon Rose, zeoing Mabel, then saving as character preset, with a new name,  in a folder where i save my assets, clear the scene and load the new preset. It works, the character is loaded correctly. 

2)load Chamelon Rose, zeoing Mabel, then saving as Support Assets>Morph assets (with all properties selected) with new name. It doesn't work. There is a new directory with my name in the path C:\daz-studio-4.12\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs, but in the menù i find same characters that behave in the same manner, they load mabel too. (The name of the directory is Daz-studio-4.12, but sotwaRE I USE IS DAZ Studio 4.15.)

The first way works, but it means that i have to do this for every character and then keep the new and old presets (I don't know how to uninstall safely a character, having fear to do  disaters).

How to save the assets that works to correct the damaged preset?. For example I used Chamelon Rose for this test and now i have the original one, with property (skin colour etc) that appair damaged, and another that load correctli, but is the base complete character, without choses (but appling them after, behave correctly).

How i can "transfer the corrected parameters on the original character, to "clean" it and set to its original parameters.? 

I think I did something wrong saving work, because the characters are beautiful and loaded correctly first time. Then, maybe saving scene or pose presets or other, i have involuntary mixed characters.

There is a way to reset any character to original assets, deleting changes? Reinstall them could work?

Thank you

emanuela1

• I'm surrpised that saving an asset doesn't throw an error, since you are duplicating the files in different places (the Author/product/ part of the path). For that to work you'd need to remove the original morphs - but I doubt it's actually Mabel doing this - the odd thing is the base preset working but not any character add on. Had you previously done any File>Save As>Support Asset for figure, or File>Save As>Support Assets>Save Modified Assets?

Maybe i have did it trying to correct the problem. Saving the asset do the same error, loading characters. Base Characters are ok, but not the characters loaded. Saving characters as character preset, after zeroing Mabel, works, but is a preset in another directory. The problem remain. What i can do?

At this point I think I have made numerous mistakes, looking for solutions and starting from scratch can be a solution, albeit a drastic one. I think to disinstall and then reinsatall everything (DAZ Studio and contents). It's a hard work to do , but could be valuable. But i don't know how to disinstall DAZ Studio, clean computer from residual part of program and assets, potentially corrupted, and then do a new clean installation of Daz Studio and contents. I have some concerns  for my DAZ original contents, included  Mabel that is a beautiful model,  and  mostly Animate 2, i bought that plugin a few month ago and i love it. How to reinstall?

How to do?

Thank you for help

emanuela1

• Try loading a character that showsd as Mabel+, then zero Mabel, and save a new shaping preset (File>Save As>Shaping Preset), and upload that here with a note of what the character should be (try one of the Daz Name 8 characters if you have one).

I followed your instructions and saved the character preset.

In the attachment the following files: 
    1)Chamrose2c.duf the character i saved as character preset (File>Save As>Shaping Preset) in D:\DAZ3D-3P\My Library\Presets\Characters
    2)G81.duf the base 8.1 character i saved as character preset (File>Save As>support asset>figure/prop assets) in D:\DAZ3D-3P\My Library\Figures
    3)chamelon rose 2 render
    5)Another render with 4 female numbered 1-4: 1-Blue loaded as usual(she comes with with mixed mabel), 2-Blue after zeroing Mabel, 3-chamelon rose 2 saved as preset and 4-G8.1 base female, loaded as usual.

Blue is a DAZ original character bought at DaZ store, Chamelon rose 2 is a third party charactere downloaded free.
    During the various attempts to remedy the situation, I also saved a version of genesis 8.1 as character preset in this way: (File>Save As>support asset>figure/prop assets).

Thank you for help

emanuela1

duf
    duf
    chamrose2c.duf
    duf
    duf
    g81.duf
    chamrose2-example.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 801K
    prova-g81-2blue-chamrose.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 96K
  • So the Chameleon Rose shape was still applied when you saved the preset? I wanted to see the result with just the Mabel shape property zeroed.

In attachment 2 files

1) loaded g 81 f, applied elizabeth comstock (same behavior, it load Mabel too), zeroed Mabel, then saved as character preset. 

2) Chamelon Rose loaded and then saved as character preset. If i try to apply chamelon rose to g81 f (present int he scene and selected), it load a new character (Chamelon Rose + Mabel) without asking if i want to apply to base figure or load a nwe one. 

thank you

emanuela1

duf
    duf
    chamrose2e.duf
    duf
    duf
    elizabethcomstock.duf
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,381

1) Shows Mabel at -1, which shows that something else is driving it (so it needs to at -1 to balance that). The Comstock is saved at 1, Chameleon Rose at 0

2) shows only Mabel, at 0.
    You set the way character presets behave (modifym loadnew, or ask) in Edit>Preferences>Content

It looks to me as if Chameleon Rose is the issue

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

Nothing wrong with Chameleon Rose 2 (points at attached image), the problem Richard is the OP.

Take a look at the pathways for the modifiers in those last two DUF files.

data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Emanuela/chamrose2-new/FHMMabel8HD_div4.dsf

^^^ that is definitely NOT the pathway for Mabel 8

data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Emanuela/chamrose2-new/FBMChameleonROse_2.dsf

^^^ and that is NOT the pathway for Chameleon Rose

Rose2.jpg
    1360 x 768 - 157K
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

Bejaymac said:

Nothing wrong with Chameleon Rose 2 (points at attached image), the problem Richard is the OP.

data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Emanuela/chamrose2-new/FHMMabel8HD_div4.dsf

data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Emanuela/chamrose2-new/FBMChameleonROse_2.dsf

Yes and the original problem is using "File>Save As>support asset>figure/prop assets" instead of the proper way for saving character presets

PerttiA said:

Bejaymac said:

Yes and the original problem is using "File>Save As>support asset>figure/prop assets" instead of the proper way for saving character presets

Just seen that.

Well that's an Oh ****!!!! moment for the OP, and a lot of uninstalling of content as well as deleting files/folders to clean that mess up.

edited June 2021

Problem with Mabel 8 solved!

Now I try to explain what I did and how

A small premise
    I have 2 computer 1 desktop (AMD3800, RTX2060 Super)  and 1 laptop (Intel 8th gen., MX150). Both have DAZ Studio 4.15 installed. I use one or the other, alternatively depending on circustance. (at home or not and so on). In both computer I keep Daz originals in a folder and third parts asset in another folder. 
    In the folder where I save the third-party assets (DAZ3d-3p\Content\othefoldes..) I have a folder (DAZ3d-3p\my library) where I save my presets (character, poses etc...) for later use. As you know, with some types of character saving, automatically creates folders (data, figures, presets, scenes, scene subsets and so on) that I keep in  (DAZ3d-3p\my library). 
    I noticed the Mabel 8 problem present only on desktop. I used laptop until March 25th and then desktop, so something happened between March 25th and mid-April.

Beginning of the solution
    I followed your advice and hypothesis of a wrong save of the characters.
    I compared the folders of the two computers with freeware freefilesync and found numerous differences. 
    I tried to distinguish the files that were correctly different, due to updates and additions, from those created by incorrect saves (this is really difficult).

Following this reasoning I proceeded like this: 
    Step1
    1)I deleted any character presets saved by me in the folder (DAZ3d-3p\my library) for  renderings, made after March 25th. I erased also this: D:DAZ3d-3p\my library\data\DAZ 3D, with the fear of making mistakes, because of the name (but perhaps it was created by one of the wrong character save). 
    This solved the Mabel 8 problem, but not Chamelon Rose's.

Step2
    2)In the DAZ originals folder I found one  (C:\daz-studio-4.15\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\Emanuela) that could have been the result of a careless save, since it had my name and contained a subfolder with the name Chamelon Rose inside with files for that character.
    It seemed out of place and I erased it.
    This solved the problem with Chamelon Rose.

Now everything seems to works, every character is loaded correctly. 
    I only lost some presets, including the facial expression of the last render sent for the Freebie contest, but I can do them again.
    I promise I will never save using again "File>Save As>support asset>figure/prop assets" given the problems.

I am happy with the result. :)

I hope this troubled solution is useful for someone.
    Thank you very much for your help and suggestions

(sorry, what does OP mean?). 

Thanks

Emanuela1

emanuela1 said:

(sorry, what does OP mean?). 

OP = Original Post or Poster 

Thank you. 

Update on the solution. All models are loaded correctly in new scenes, while many of the old scenes, when loaded, show error messages for losing a pose file or binding to an object (e.g. hair or clothing) that appears as a gray block . It is necessary to select the object, delete it from the scene and reload it again.

Unfortunately some work to do. 

however, I am happy for the solution of the global problem. 

I take this question philosophically and as a good opportunity to keep only the important scenes files and delete the useless ones.

Thank you

emanuela1

• It may be that you had nested content directories - one inside another - which can lead to the wrong starting point being used for the relative path in saved files. If that is the case it should show up in the error message you get about missing files, and is fixable by making sure the paths in the saved files start at Data or Runtime.