Missing Thumbnails in Smart Content

ZwytZwyt Posts: 122

Okay, I know this issue has been raised many times before and I have combed through as many of those threads as I could find. I have tried every solution that I have found in those threads. I have reimported meta-data several times, I have looked in the folders to make sure that the thumbnail images are actually there and they are I have uninstalled and reinstalled Daz Studio the PostGRE database, reset the database, tried importing any qued meta-data that might have been there and everything else that has worked in the past that I can think of but this time around I have had no results with any of it. I even tried uninstalling Daz Studio, going through the hidden locations, and getting rid of any trace of it that I could find, uninstalling the database and then reinstalling, reimporting meta-data, and all of the usual fixes but nothing seems to work this time around. I am on Daz Studio 4.15.0.2 the latest release version, so what gives anyone have any solutions out there that could work? Oh, and when I mean missing thumbnails I don't mean just one or two or even 15-20 or 40-50 I mean practically all of the thumbnails of several years worth of collected content gone with only a few showing up, of products that I have bought in recent weeks. I have never seen Daz Studio produce this many missing thumbnails. Oh, and I have tried downloading through DIM, Daz Central, and Daz Connect with the same results. Thanks in advance folks.

Post edited by Zwyt on

Comments

• NuBoo2u2NuBoo2u2 Posts: 25
    edited April 2021

Same crap here, and re-installing made it WORSE! No use of me even trying anymore till it's fix on their end. It take too long  gonna ask for full refund on everthing. Getting fed up with Daz and it's hacks and problems!

Post edited by NuBoo2u2 on
  • jag11jag11 Posts: 885
    A few days ago I asked the same on another thread and the answer was a thread locked.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2021

jag11 said:

A few days ago I asked the same on another thread and the answer was a thread locked.

Actually the answer was

Richard Haseltine  said
    ( it has recently been posted that they hope to have it fixed next week). Since this is a necro of a previous issue anyway I am going to lock and sink it after replying.
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • MoviehawkMoviehawk Posts: 67

Same problem. 3-4 weeks ago my thumbs started disappearing .. dunno why (my fault, computer fault, Windows update fault, DAZ3D fault???)
    If they are working on a solution - great!
    Running re-import metadata from the Content DB Maintenance menu restores all my thumbs, but then I have to run it every time I start Studio. 

Simple thing to do  -  but very aggrivating.

• DMFWDMFW Posts: 10

There may be some fix rollout happening slowly here. After rebuilding my database last weekend, I grouped all the products that had correct thumbnail as "None" and the ones that had no thumbnail (the vast majority) as "New". I've noticed that a few more of these "New" items now have correct thumbnails too, so the situation is very slowly getting better. This leads me to suspect that DAZ is perhaps modifying something with the images on the store but not for all products at once. Just a guess but we can hope.

• DMFWDMFW Posts: 10

I should also have said that the older products seem to be being fixed first, so it is my ancient content that is getting images back at the moment. Possibly they are working through the product IDs in order. Who knows?