Why my animation always jump/skip frames?

When click Play for any animation in animate2, such like 'walk - conner right-g8f', the frame counter's number was jumping, ie. from 2 to 11 to 23 and so on, the character also jump from one position to another. But I saw many videos in youtube show the animate2 frames are counting one plus one in a very fast speed, and the character walking very smoothly in normal speed, any setting problem in my DAZ?

I know there is a 'play all frames' in Timeline, but that makes the character walking in a Slow motion model, not the normal speed.

My DAZ version is 4.15, Win10. Believe it's not the computer's problem because I observed the Windows task manager, during animation, cpu, gpu and memory are all running in low level.

Just want frames can be running one by one in a normal speed, like shown in youtube, is it possible?

skip frames.jpg
746 x 378 - 29K

Comments

• What Drawstyle is the Viewport using?

• functionfunction Posts: 279

Richard Haseltine said:

What Drawstyle is the Viewport using?

no difference, I tried Filament, Texture Shaded, lit wireframe or others, all the same. Both animate2 and timeline, all jump frames. And if wear shoes and cloth, it will jump more.

• SquishySquishy Posts: 460

that's just how it will look in preview, if you set it to "play all frames" and it doesn't appear to be realtime that's because your hardware can't play it at realtime FPS. do a full render and it will render every frame and play at the FPS you have it set to play at.

• functionfunction Posts: 279

pjzanca said:

that's just how it will look in preview, if you set it to "play all frames" and it doesn't appear to be realtime that's because your hardware can't play it at realtime FPS. do a full render and it will render every frame and play at the FPS you have it set to play at.

Did your hardware CAN play it at realtime FPS? My computer has more capability but seems DAZ didn't fully use it during animation, it is i7-8700K and 1080ti and 32GB memory, how should I setup my computer?

The reason I ask is, youtube, animate2 offical video, you can see the character moving very smoothly in preview, it was in viewport, not after render movie.

• SquishySquishy Posts: 460

when you render it does it play at the expected FPS?