Bloated C:\ Drive.

I am experiencing download/install problems ie I recently purchased NowCrowd Billboard Ancient Worlds which downloads in 36 packets. I've got most of the packets but there are 5 remaining that just refuse to install. It has taken me three weeks, packet by packet, to get thus far. I believe the problem is caused by the fact that everything loads to drive C and the drive has become bloated. I am having problems elsewhere not just with DAZ, I need to free up space on drive C. How can I safely transfer the content of my DAZ Library from drive C to drive D and direct future downloads/installs to drive D please? Should I perhaps delete and re-installl DAZ entirely?

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,198

In Daz Studio you can set the paths to your content.

So if you create a new Daz folder on your D drive you can copy your content to there. And then change the path in Daz Studio the new folder.

When you have succesfully tested that you can delete the old content folder.

If you are using DIM to install you can change the installations paths, so new content will be installed in your new folder.

Be aware of that DIM also keeps the zip files, and if you haven't set DIM to delete those after installation, I would suggest to also move them to your D drive.

And finally you have the manifest files. There are rather small, but for convenience you could move them too.

I will suggest you do it step by step and keep chacking before you delete anything on your C drive.

• Cat_DancingCat_Dancing Posts: 519

Thank you Felis that's very helpful. You have a nice day.