NEED HELP PLEASE! SAVED SCENE WON'T OPEN.

antwonfilmsantwonfilms Posts: 70

Hi, I worked very hard on a scene, I saved it when I was done, I was able to open it before and multiple times. I went to sleep last night, after a ton of rendering, Turned on Pc, started up Daz Studio, tried to load scene and got an error. I tried to update my pc, retsarted my pc, same error, don't know whats wrong, I didn't change anything to the scene. The message I get is "An error occured while reading the file, see the log file for more details" Don't know what to do Please help. I need my scene really bad. I attached my log file. Any help is highly appreciated.  Working in DAZ Studio 4.15 (64-bit) Public Build +BETA+  (I have a very powerful pc)

txt
txt
log.txt
2M
Post edited by antwonfilms on

Comments

• Assuming you have something like 7Zip or WinZip installed try right-clicking in the scene file in a regular file browser window and selecting the test Archive or equivalent option for the compression tool. I fear that the file is simply corrupt, as can happen through disc errors or the like. Do you have some kind of file history back up? If so you might try restoring an earlier version.

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

See if from a clean, blank scene if your able to do a Merge with your scene.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Assuming you have something like 7Zip or WinZip installed try right-clicking in the scene file in a regular file browser window and selecting the test Archive or equivalent option for the compression tool. I fear that the file is simply corrupt, as can happen through disc errors or the like. Do you have some kind of file history back up? If so you might try restoring an earlier version.

Yea It's just not working at all, I'll just have to do the scene over. It sucks but it is what it is. Thanks for trying to help, nothing is working at all. I wish I knew what caused the problem so I could avoid it next time.

• Doc Acme said:

See if from a clean, blank scene if your able to do a Merge with your scene.

Thanks for reaching out and tring to help, that didn't work. I tried that as well. I think something caused the file to break or something, I wish I knew what happened so I can avoid this issue next time. I'll have to redue the entire scene. Thanks again.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

Did you run out of space the last time you saved the file?

If you exit DS and let DS save the file before exiting, it doesn't warn that the drive you were saving to didn't have enough space - The file just doesn't open anymore, ever.

• There are tools that claim to be able to repair damaged archive files - I don't know if anyone has ever managed to do so, but depending on how much the file matters it may be worth looking into.

• PerttiA said:

Did you run out of space the last time you saved the file?

If you exit DS and let DS save the file before exiting, it doesn't warn that the drive you were saving to didn't have enough space - The file just doesn't open anymore, ever.

I don't think so, But I ended up recreating the scene. It's all good now. Took me 2hours but got it done, even better.

• Richard Haseltine said:

There are tools that claim to be able to repair damaged archive files - I don't know if anyone has ever managed to do so, but depending on how much the file matters it may be worth looking into.

Awesome thanks, I'll keep that in mind for next time.

• I had the same thing happen. On the good side, you can edit the file inside the .duf with a text editor like Notepad++. I opened it in WinRar, saw a file in there with no extension and was able to open with Notepad++ BUT I found that pretty much everything inside was deleted and it left just properties no objects listed, no coordinates for any objects and was just 3 Mbytes. A similar scene I built was 36.5 Mbytes and I could see all of the objects listed in it. Somehow Daz Studio erased all objects and saved the file inside the .duf that way. Only way to fix that is to rebuild and also back up your .duf files after each successful build. That way you can restore more quickly.