Need help creating a Daz Studio instance with it's own separate content directory.

The goal is to create a Daz studio with only a specific content library directory in the content manager directory.

The problem is when I try creating an instance using the script here, the content directory manager always reverts to what it was before instead of just having the new directory I set. How do I get it to save that directory for that instance in the content directory manager.

The purpose is to have a Daz studio instance with a content library that only has the necessary content for a specific scene for the purpose of animation since having thousands of morphs that are not used slows down Loading, animating, keyframe creation etc.

Comments

• You can use Content Directory manager to set up sets of directories, then switch between them using the radio button in the dialogue. Not what you are asking, but it is a way to achieve the end result you want.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,389

It's not possible to have several versions of general release with different settings, they will all use the same registry keys and App Data files.

However you could install the beta, it has separate settings from the general release.

• An instance could load a ascript, and as cript could set the content directories. However, I'm not sure if it could set a content directory set or set the database path, and presumably you would want to use a database which didn't show absolutely all the isntalled content including that in unavailable content directories.

• RodrijRodrij Posts: 154

Richard Haseltine said:

You can use Content Directory manager to set up sets of directories, then switch between them using the radio button in the dialogue. Not what you are asking, but it is a way to achieve the end result you want.

This does what want. I didn't need instances, I just thought that was the only way to do what I wanted. This solution is actually better since I don't want to deal with instances if I don't have to.