Geoshell white body error (Linday - Short wet hair)

Hi there,

I am having a weird bug that I currently cannot get rid off.

I have purchased the short wet hair product from linday that comes with a geoshell. That geoshell is for a wet body...at least it should be, but what I get instead is this:

and while the arms and the face look fine, the body/torso is plain white. the character is nude in that area.

mesh offset does not help...what can i do?

thanks for helping!

test geoshell.jpg
684 x 665 - 131K

Comments

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

If that character uses the new PBR skin shader it's probably using "Body", instead of torso.

The wet skin shell uses "Torso" for that area.The new Layout uses "Body" for that area.So the shell just leaves that area at default settings.

Is the top of the head doing the same thing aswell?

• DarktozDarktoz Posts: 9

Yes! It does! Did not notice that because of the hair!

What do I have to do?

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126
    edited April 2021

Luckily this is an easy fix for this one because all the textures are all on one map.Basiclly you'll need to apply the iray uber base shader to the head and body surfaces then copy the settings from the arms or legs to them.

Select the Wet Skin GeoShell in the "Scene" Pane

On the "Surfaces Pane";;

Select Body, then press and hold the CTRL button and click the head.This will select both surfaces at the same time

Now we need to apply the "Iray Uber Base" shader to them

Click the the "Presets" tab on the "Surfaces" and scroll down to "Shaders"

Click Shaders>Iray>Uber

On the right side you'll see the Iray uber base shader click it to apply it to the surfaces.

Now we need to copy the settings from one of the correct surfaces to the body and head.

Click the "Editor" tab on the "Surfaces" pane to get back to the surface we want to fiddle with.

Click the "Arm" surface to select it by itself

Right click the Arm surface and select "Copy selected surfaces".

Left click the "head" surface to select it. Then right click it and select "paste to selected surfaces"

Do the same for the "Body".

Should be fixed now.

You can save this as a scene subset, so you won't have to do this again for this character.

Or you can select the Wet Skin Geoshell in the scene tab and File>save as>Hierarchal Materials preset. so can apply the fix to just the shell when you want to use it on another character.

Post edited by IceCrMn on
  • margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

IceCrMn said:

If that character uses the new PBR skin shader it's probably using "Body", instead of torso.

The wet skin shell uses "Torso" for that area.The new Layout uses "Body" for that area.So the shell just leaves that area at default settings.

Is the top of the head doing the same thing aswell?

AFAIK, the PBR skin shader is just a texture that is applied to different surfaces. So you can apply it to either the torso or the body, no matter what it's called, and it'll work the same.

I believe the issue is that Genesis 8.1 actually renamed those surfaces, so geoshells for G8 are incompatible with them.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,389

Load G8 in your scene and apply the geoshell to the figure.
    Go to surface tab and select the "torso" surface of the G8 shell, then use "copy" to copy the surface settings.

Paste the settings to the "body" and "head" surfaces of the G8.1 geoshell.

You can then remove the G8 figure.

• Try selecting the arm surface of the geoemtry Shell (use the Surface Selection tool), Edit>Copy>Copy Selected Surfaces, select the torso and head, Edit>Paste>Paste to Selected Surfaces. With luck there are no maps required and that will work immediately..

• DarktozDarktoz Posts: 9

Thank you all very much for the help, it is working now and I learned a lot about geoshells!