What causes content to be in "Lost and Found" ...?

I have just cleared the 300 package mark (probably "a good start" to some of you). And I have about 30 packages listed in my Lost and Found area of my smart content tab.

I'm wondering, what causes it to be there? And how might one fix them?

I know it's a general question. One package I have, the conservatory, is listed there. I'm currently rendering or I could give you other examples.  But the content varies, props, hair, environments...

Thanks in advance,

Lyndon

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Bad metadata.

You can edit it yourself, I think. But you need to be careful or you'll end up breaking something.

• Not bad metadata, just one or more files that are not categorised. Categorising them will stop the files (and the product) from appearing in Lost and found, though it isn't a problem if there are files there.

• lbartelslbartels Posts: 64

OK... this is going to sound really wierd.. It doesn't make any sense.  But bear me out.

I had about 30 products in my lost and found. The Conservatory, Charm Hair, Bohemian dress, Ruthann figure, etcetera.

I also had two (only two) products that were missing their Smart Content Icon: "Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials PoserCF", and "RW Letters and More".  So, reading on these forums, I thought I could fix this issue relatively easily. The first was really easy.. I navigated to the /runtime/support folder, found the other Genesis 2 jpg file, did a copy/paste and rename, and viola, that one solved. For the Letters, also pretty easy. Went to DAZ, found the product, copy the image into the scratchpad. Fired up Photoshop Essentials, pasted, reduced it to the correct 110x143 size, saved it in the folder with the correct name, and Bob's your Uncle. Good to go.  So, I'm happy. Everything has Icons now.

But here's the wierd part...

The number of products in the lost and found went down to three.. I don't know why. It shouldn't have made a difference. But somehow, it did.

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 749

lbartels said:

The number of products in the lost and found went down to three.. I don't know why. It shouldn't have made a difference. But somehow, it did.

My guess is as good as yours but.. have you gone online by any chance? Meaning the 'online' button within Daz? Because if you do then there is always a chance that you'll receive updated metadata, which could easily fix category issues.