Head Lamp Settings.

What is it with the Head Lamp in DAZ 64bit version 4.15. It's all of a sudden way too bright and reflects off every particle with a bright white pixel distorting the resolution and detail of the render destroying all work. The Head Lamp seems to be set way too close and i can't see to find a slider that allows me to adjust the default lamp distance, when i get these Bright Head lamp issues i usually have to turn off the head lamp to (Never) then lock it for that scene which will revert back to default settings when i close down that scene because it only saves settings for scene saves and doesn't keep the settings in the main render settings for all scenes.

Once i get this head lamp issue my only option is to add my own lights in because the head lamp reflects too much on glossy textures... if your also using Ray Tracing which i do most things cast a reflection of some type and the head lamp just makes things worse in some cases, very difficult to work with... If use emissive lighting with bright lumens the picture also suffers from firefly white dot unless the light setting is correct for the size area your working with..

The render here i posted has this Head Lamp issue, the chararcters are way to bright because the head lamp is just sitting way too close, Certain hair & environments have major issues with glossy glare reflecting white pixel firefly because of the reflectiveness, in some bad cases im force to remove the relectiveness in the render settings for each item that has relection settings as this lowers some of the firefly and smooths out the render, sometimes i use luminosity settings to increase brightness to a scene the head lamp distorts but this method dosn't always work for every scene particularly dark lit scenes where you only want certain light sources highlighting the subject matter.

Is there any way to adjust the distance of the head lamp for each camera perspective? as all cameras share the same default settings unless you have them set otherwise in the scene. I find cameras just easier to move around the scene quicker & handy for setting different render options so knowing if i can change the head lamp distance for each camera would be helpfull, i see you can change the color tone but i don't see anything to adjust the lamp distance, some translation sliders would be helpful to move the light around the scene.

Space Force Large Hanger 9.jpg
2400 x 1280 - 2M

Comments

• There isn't a way to change the defaults, the headlamp really isn't intended for use as a primary light. You could save a scene-subset with a camera and a light parented to it as you desire, and set that to be loaded in Edit?Preference (Daz Studio>Preferences for the Mac) in the Start up and Scene tabs so that it is always available.