Models changing positions when removed from groups

Hi all

Daz has suddenly started doing this thing where if an object is taken out of a group, it will change its position within the scene. I'm sure I simply changed a setting somewhere along the way and don't know what it was, but it never used to do this until a day ago. 

Can anyone advise me on how to fix this please? 

Thanks! 

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

It has to do with converting local coordinates to global coordinates when the group has a non-zero origin. One way to "fix it" is to ensure your groups are always at 0,0,0.

I'm very interested if there's an option to keep offset when unparenting too.

• Make sure that Parent In Place is on, either in the change parent dialogue if you are using that or in the Scene pane option menu (the lined/hamburger button in the top coirner, or right-click the tab) if you are using drag-and-drop.

• OVDOVD Posts: 253

margrave said:

It has to do with converting local coordinates to global coordinates when the group has a non-zero origin. One way to "fix it" is to ensure your groups are always at 0,0,0.

I'm very interested if there's an option to keep offset when unparenting too.

I usually just group by mass-selecting objects in the Scene pane and then the group button. It always worked before, so I'm not sure what's changed. 

• OVDOVD Posts: 253

Richard Haseltine said:

Make sure that Parent In Place is on, either in the change parent dialogue if you are using that or in the Scene pane option menu (the lined/hamburger button in the top coirner, or right-click the tab) if you are using drag-and-drop.

That was it! Thanks Richard. I must have deselected it there accidentally.