How to thoroughly uninstall and remove Daz Studio

I believe my installed content database is corrupted. Content is showing up as installed even though I didn't install it. Stuff like that.

What I want to do is a complete uninstall and removal Daz and try a clean  virgin installation and start over. I also fiddled around with custom installation paths, using DIM to install and DazCentral.. I admit, I didn't know what I was doing half the time. Just trying things. I believe I messed it up with all the software contortions I was trying. So a clean install is probably a good idea.

Of course, I'll save off my scenes and renders before doing so.  But other than that. I want erase everything.

Any thoughts?

Thank-you

Comments

• DMFWDMFW Posts: 10

Have you thought about just resetting your database first? I found out how to do this only recently. On the Content Library tab, right click at the top to bring up a context menu and select "Context DB Maintenance", then select "Reset Database" from the check box list that is presented.

This regenerates your database from DAZ information and I used it to unscramble some local product data I had generated. Maybe it will work for you? One word of warning is that the icons on products will be lost but this is not related to the rebuild process as such, it is just that there is another known bug with the way product icons are being refreshed at the moment (see other threads on the forum) and we can hope for a fix for this (and there are work arounds as well).

Even if this doesn't resolve your problems it's probably worth a try, since if you are going to wipe your installation anyway you won't lose anything.