Removing Smart Content Thumbnails After Deleting Scene Subsets in Saved Files

amysparklesamysparkles Posts: 99

This may sound like a really stupid question, but how do you remove thumbnails from smart content?

I just created a scene and saved it as a scene-subset - but just after I hit 'save' I realized I had mis-typed the scene name, so saved it again with the correct name. I then deleted the unwanted files from my scene subsets folder (that's the duf and the png). However a blank thumbnail now shows with the original filename in smart content under my 'Saved Files - Set' tree. 

How do I remove that thumbnail?

I am using Daz Studio 4.15.

Post edited by amysparkles on

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,441

Right-click on the wayward icon and select "Remove Orphaned Reference..."

• amysparklesamysparkles Posts: 99
    edited April 2021

NorthOf45 said:

Right-click on the wayward icon and select "Remove Orphaned Reference..."

There's no 'Remove Orphaned Reference' option. 

Right clicking the icon displays the following choices:

Open as New

Merge into Scene

Explore Ad-Ons (Grayed out)

Explore Targets (Grayed out)

Catagorize

Group Asset as -> New, None

Show Asset in -> Content Library Mapped Folders, Content Library Products (Grayed out)

Browse to File Location

Create Custom Action

Since the associated subset files have been deleted, these options do not work anyway. The icon itself displays as a gray square in a frame, with a small pale yellow triangle and exclamation mark. There is no way that I can see to remove that icon from Smart Content.

The icon does not show in Content Library.

Post edited by amysparkles on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,441

Sorry, try it from the "Categories" view in the Content Library (I've never actually tried it from the Smart Content pane). Categories -> Default -> Saved Files. I tried it myself, and found a couple like that, and it works.

• NorthOf45 said:

Sorry, try it from the "Categories" view in the Content Library (I've never actually tried it from the Smart Content pane). Categories -> Default -> Saved Files. I tried it myself, and found a couple like that, and it works.

That worked. The annoying icon is now gone.

Thank you for your help. :)