Downloading issue with Daz Connect, I might have messed up

I'm a total newbie, so be nice. So I have Daz Connect and I've been downloading my assets through the Daz connect program. They do show up in Daz Studio so I've been going on my merry way and continuing to use the separate Daz Connect software to download and install the assets. 

Now in the last few weeks I've run into issues with some of my newly purchased assets not showing up properly in the Smart Content window. I can get most of them to work by using the Content Library but it's tedious to find what I need and some items don't seem to be applying correctly or at all. When I right-click almost any of my products they show "Install" even though they are in color and clickable. I don't have access to unlimited internet because I travel, so the idea of having to re-download everything through Daz Studio makes me want to cry (because it does ask for an internet connection). 

But is this going to cause me even more issues down the road? Is there a way to fix it thinking those products aren't installed when they are? I've seen other people have issues with the thumbnails but my thumbnails are there but the meta data doesn't seem to be updating properly on them and there are warning triangle labels over the main folder on the content library. But they are in color not black and white. 

Screenshot (155).png
1920 x 1080 - 677K

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

The only solution for now is to un-install with Connect then reset the  database.  Make sure to also set in Studio's preferences to not log-in automatically and don't log-in ever.  Download and install DIM.

https://www.daz3d.com/get_install_manager/

When you run DIM for the first time check the Work Offline box so you can set it preferences to what you want.

• In fact this is an issue with product thumbnails, which daz is aware of and investigating. You can copy the thumbnail image from the installed files and place it in the metadata folder, but the name has to be changed and it will probably revert the next time DS connects. For now it may be best to use Install manager and not to let Daz Studio go online.

• llnrftrllnrftr Posts: 5

Richard Haseltine said:

In fact this is an issue with product thumbnails, which daz is aware of and investigating. You can copy the thumbnail image from the installed files and place it in the metadata folder, but the name has to be changed and it will probably revert the next time DS connects. For now it may be best to use Install manager and not to let Daz Studio go online.

My thumbnails are there it's not that issue. This is where the entire folder is either in the wrong place or not in smart content. I have thumbnails in the content library but it shows it's not able to update the meta data.

• llnrftrllnrftr Posts: 5

jestmart said:

The only solution for now is to un-install with Connect then reset the  database.  Make sure to also set in Studio's preferences to not log-in automatically and don't log-in ever.  Download and install DIM.

https://www.daz3d.com/get_install_manager/

When you run DIM for the first time check the Work Offline box so you can set it preferences to what you want.

So this is a common issue with Daz Connect? Because it was working perfectly fine doing it this way before. I like having the smart content. I'm wondering if there is a way to let the sudio know where the installed files are so that it doens't need to redownload it inside Daz.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,441

It doesn't matter which method you use to install, you will get the same Smart Content (which is a function of the metadata) so you won't be missing out on anything.

I am a little confused, though. You say "the separate DAZ Connect software". Connect is built-in to Studio, not separate, and is used to install from within Studio when you login to your DAZ account. That is the one with the thumbnail problem right now. Note: the Product thumbnail is the one that would show the left side of the tree you show in the attachment, and not the thumbnails for the individual assets shown on the right.

External installation can be done with DIM or DAZ Central, but installs to a different location than Connect.

Just to make it clear, could you show a screenshot of where you install your products from?