Bake to Transforms does not work

From what I understand "Bake to Transform" takes the modified parameters of a controling figure and applies them directly to the controlled figure. So let's say I have cotroling Modifier A in the controling figure that moves Modifier B in the controlled figure. If I select the controling figure, hit Bake to Transform, select the location of the modifier and hit apply then the value of the Modifier A should be copy-pasted to Modifier B, correct?

This does not work for me. Am I missing something?

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,223

No. The figure with the nodes that have the transform properties with which to bake their respective values into, is the figure that should be selected when the "Bake to Transforms..." action is triggered. The recipient of the values.

• Faux2DFaux2D Posts: 452

Cris Palomino said:

No. The figure with the nodes that have the transform properties with which to bake their respective values into, is the figure that should be selected when the "Bake to Transforms..." action is triggered. The recipient of the values.

Thank you for clearing that out for me. Unfortunately it still doesn't work. I tried it on linking a morph from the controling figure to a bone's rotation on the controlled figure. This works. Linking two morphs however doesn't work.

• Morphs are not transforms. The script, we are told, works on the transforms and looks to see what is controlling them, zeroing it out and replacing it with local values. If it worked on all properties then it would be incredibly slow on many human figures.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,893

If you have applied pose controls like grasp or fist, bake to transforms can be used to apply all those changes directly to the individual hand and finger bones, and then zero out the pose control that is no longer needed. 

Richard Haseltine said:

Morphs are not transforms. The script, we are told, works on the transforms and looks to see what is controlling them, zeroing it out and replacing it with local values. If it worked on all properties then it would be incredibly slow on many human figures.

Is there a way to make it work on all properties? 

• You could write your own script, but as I said the performance is likely to be dreadful.

Richard Haseltine said:

You could write your own script, but as I said the performance is likely to be dreadful.

I guess I no longer can avoid it. Time for me to learn scripting.