Mesh Grabber Morph Editor - not behaving as expected. probable user error.

hello, i bought the Morph Ed add-on thinking that it would e.g. let me save out a morph i applied to a base G8F and apply that morph to any other G8F-based figure (a Face-Transfer figure in this case)

for my first test i tried widening the eyes. i did my adjustments to the eyes on a vanilla G8F, repeated the adjustments to the eyelashes and saved them out, marked them as favorites. i got two little sliders that i can dial up/down the intensity. so far so good. i saved them both out as shaping presets, with everything unchecked except for the Mesh Grabber box. also saved them as a Morph Support Asset too.

now i thought that i would somehow be able to apply these morphs to my Annika_2 G8F FT figure, but i get the message: "No morphs in the Annika_2 scene node have been marked as favorites" - well of course they haven't, i want to add them in.

clicking the Shaping Preset does nothing. no idea where the Morph Support Assets got to, they don't appear anywhere.

however, with the original G8F figure i can import and save without any issues, everything is there and it works.

long story short - can my MG morphs only be applied to the figure that they were saved from? can they not be used on other similar figures?

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,545
    edited March 2021

You didn't export the model and reimport back in with morph loader pro. You can find threads here in tech and in freebies on how to do this. You can not save morphs without morph loader pro, it's part of the program, so not something you have to go and buy.

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on
  • clivewil2clivewil2 Posts: 129
    edited April 2021

thanks. it seems like things just got a lot more complicated.

"The combined "Load" and "Save" features also provide you with a complete morph editor." - "Finally, it also enables you to easily use your Mesh Grabber work in animations, and to make it available for other scenes and users!"

if i need to do import/export elsewhere, then these statements are more than a little misleading. it might be easier to just do this stuff in 3ds max, or do the mesh grab by hand each time i want it in a scene.

Post edited by clivewil2 on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624
    edited April 2021

You might concider posting this question in the Mesh Grabber Thread or the thread for the Add on.  You would be more likely to catch ManFriday's attention.  Not that others here wouldn't do all they can. I don't know enough about doing the morphs to save. 

Ok so I decided to run a test after reading the PDF (here) Page nine talks about saving the morph out as a Morph Support Asset.  So after saving the morph in MG then saving the morph asset with the same name, I load a new scene with G8F and the morph is available.

Post edited by Daventaki on

Daventaki said:

So after saving the morph in MG then saving the morph asset with the same name, I load a new scene with G8F and the morph is available.

oh good-o, thanks for doing that. i did do that too but i didn't use exactly the same name (my saved asset had a MG_ prefix that the morphs did not)

i will try again. either way, it sounds like it *will* do what i want after all. that's good news to me. thanks again!

• AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718

Yeah, It thought that addon sounded like it would be more complicated than doing it manually so I didn't bother. If you have to still export and import then what's the point? TBH, the morphs I've made with Mesh Grabber or all so specific it isn't worth bogging down my load of G8 for. It's so easy to use the Mesh Grabber especially if you assign it a shortcut. I'm so glad I got it.

edited April 2021

AbnerK said:

I'm so glad I got it.

the only thing i hate about it is that i didn't buy it sooner.

it has allowed me to fix so many things that i either had to live with, or cover up with photoshop after rendering.

just the ability to permanently fix poke-through issues in certain wearables without having to export/import and re-rig them - for that alone it's worth it, not to mention all the other things it's good for. it's literally a must-have.

---> another notable mention: getting rid of that black line on the forehead that some hair sets introduce. looking up at the skull cap from behind, select the offending faces and give them a tiny nudge backward. save as wearable preset.

Post edited by clivewil2 on

Daventaki said:

I load a new scene with G8F and the morph is available.

just checking in to say that you are a lifesaver, after reading your comment i found a slight flaw in my morph asset saving procedure and now it works as i hoped it would - all completely internal with no other plugins or importing required. thanks for the help. 

solved.