Can Daz IM Install Renderosity Zips?

RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,283

Can I use the Daz Install Manager to install Renderocity zip files?

Post edited by RexRed on

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,545
    edited March 2021

Probably be much faster if you installed yourself manually. The video below is old but installation is the same. It's one of the very first video's I ever made so have a little patience lol. Or you can wait for someone to come in and answer your question.

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,389

RexRed said:

Can I use the Daz Install Manager to install Renderocity zip files?

DIM can only install zips specifically packaged for it, which is not the case for most of Rendo zips.
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,382

I would say "sometimes", the Daz3d store zips include the product files and manifest files.  Rarely, I have purchased some Renderosity products that also include manifest files but usually they don't.

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,283

Thanks for the help Daz peeps! Lots of great info here!

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,441

You can make a DIM-compatible package with Content Package Assist. As long as the folder structure you use follows that of a DAZ 3D product zip, it should be pretty straightforward. Just drop the final package into your DIM package archive (the download folder) and refresh.

• kgrosserkgrosser Posts: 141

+ 1 on Content Package Assist there is another tool from RSA but it only woks from inside DS. Also, once you got the hang of iot, you can create combined installers for various generations or "pose packs" etc. Note though that it wil not create compatibility or category flags, so the products will appear as "Lost and Found".

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,441

Content Wizard will generate metadata for Smart Content (I cannot attest to its performance) which you can then export from Content DB Editor. Add the files to the Content Package Assist project (along with a thumbnail), create a fresh package, which you can then uninstall, re-install, whatever, and not lose any of the work done on metadata.