How do I on/off limits on everything at one time?

I just found a model that all limits are turned off on. My question is...is it possible to turn on/off limits on everything? I found it in the menus but it doesn't seem to do anything.  

Comments

• SquishySquishy Posts: 460

It's more like, limits were never set and turned on, by default they are off and the values are zero. I suppose somebody might write a script to turn on limits for all parameters but that's not a safe thing to do for every parameter - translate and rotate values etc that are at their default would be locked to zero.

• The Edit>Figure sub menu affects only rotaions. You can turn limits off for all selected proeprties by right-click in the parameters pane when it is in edit mode - but do bear in mind that some proeprties will have undesirable results if they ar allowed to exceed their limits, especially with respect to the zero value.

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Aabacus said:

I just found a model that all limits are turned off on. My question is...is it possible to turn on/off limits on everything? I found it in the menus but it doesn't seem to do anything.  

If you go to the trackball in the upper-left corner of the viewport, I believe you'll see a little man in the upper-left corner of that. Click on it and it'll give you the option to turn limits on or off. I can't recall off the top of my head if you need to select the bones first. 

• joegerardijoegerardi Posts: 226

Unless you select everything, it turns off only the selected bone.

I, too would like a way to turn off limits on everything in one fell swoop. DAZ's idea of limits is far from real world. For instance: try to make any G8 eyes wide in fear. Can't be done unless you spend a half hour manually turning off every limit for anything that has to do with eyes. Even then, they're still somewhat limited, as you have to work with Eyers Open, negative Eyes Closed, and Eyes Wide/Narrow.

I don't particularly care if they have undesirable results. If so, I'll just got back and adjust them until they're good.

I will take a loook at the SDK for DAZ, but it's been many years since I've done scripts. I'm willing to give it a few hours and see if there's something there.

It'd be well worth it.

..Joe

• joegerardijoegerardi Posts: 226
    edited April 2021

I have an answer. This is from a user in 2016, Lissa_xyz, and it works.

1 load a character;

2 select said character;

3 Right click on the Parameters tab, select Edit mode from the menu;

4 now use Shift Left click select first parameter in the list, scroll to bottom, Shift Left click for the last parameter, (they will now all be highlighted) then Right click on the Edit Mode manu item, and select the menu item Limits, then Disable Limits.

Here is Lissa_xyz's original picture showing this:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/46/e448c72c6c91499e4d73a47a88bbab.png

This will disable all of the limits. NOTE: Be aware that doing this can cause some weird results, because sometimes the limits were turned on when the default number was out of range. I used Claudia Octavia to test, and her breasts were defaulted to 200. When I changed them her head went weird becasue her head and her body were set to 200, (which is what expanded the breasts) so I had to undo the breast, then lower the default Head and Body setting to 100. Then everything was fine. When you do this in the gross manner I have listed above - grabbing everything - EVERYTHING gets its limits turned off. It might be better to pick and choose on G8 or G8.1 once, then when you load characters, they have the limits turned off. That needs more experimentation on my part, but this will work on characters.

Thanks to Lissa_xyz for the answer.

..Joe

Post edited by joegerardi on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

Surprised there isn't a product with a script in it that does this.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

Riversoft art gave us one for christmas last year.It came in a "Stocking Stuffer" bundle of 6 scripts that included

Hide Selected Hiearchy

Show Selected Hiearchy

Turn Limits Off

Turn Limits on

Turn Locks Off

Turn Locks On

I use them all the time.