d-force timeline keys

Can someone point me to a resource that would allow me to modify d-force parameters on the timeline?  For example, friction change from one time to another.  Can you do that?

Comments

• I don't think so, not directly - theya re surface proeprties and those are not currently aniamtable. However, properties can be linked to objectb properties via ERC, and that can be set up via a Post Load script as in http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/start#post-load_data_items so I think it would be possible to implement with some coding (assuming the variable values were passed to the simulation engine).

• SquishySquishy Posts: 460

Better keyframe support for this kind of thing would be great.

• RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751

OK thanks, I'll employ some "tricks" to do it (moving across a material change, effectively).

• ThatOminThatOmin Posts: 38
    edited April 2021

Keyframing definately needs to be changed in this program. Seems this GLARING and obvious problem is overlooked and ignored despite having 100's of threads about it.

I mean, resetting and deleting keys should have a priority. 

How are you  going to have some CLOTH SIMILUATION that is highly dependant on it and I have to spend hours trying to remove keyframes, sometimes ruining my whole scene?

Just Google "Can't Reset Keyframes" it's been next to a decade or more and this still hasn't been changed.

dForce should be marketed as: Better Get It Right The First Time Because If Not...

In fact, I should start linking the 100s of threads about this because it's pretty ridiculous at this point.

Post edited by ThatOmin on
  • Removing keyframes is simple - but it depends on the selection you have.