Making JCMs but can't get them to work properly

ludickesludickes Posts: 27

I'm trying to make a JMC and I have all of the obj files ready and reversed for both sides. I’m following the pdf guide that was posted https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/173151/tutorial-easy-making-of-jcms-and-mcms-in-daz-studio-4-9. I can get the left side to work just fine, but when I go to do the right side, things go haywire. For example, the left shoulder bend (which is where the JCM is) will move when the right shoulder bend moves to below 0. At other times, the JCM appears at 100% even when the arms are at rest and not in the pose that needs the jcm.

Post edited by ludickes on

Comments

• That sounds like an issue with limits or with the ERC links between the controller and the JCM itself.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,389

did you put the right shoulder bend in the controller slot for the left shoulder jcm

• ludickesludickes Posts: 27
    edited March 2021

I figured the shoulder bend JCMs out!

However now I am encountering a new problem where I can't seem to save an MCM. The figure I am working on works flawlessly and the MCMs work. However, when I save the MCM as a morph asset similar to how I save a JCM, it will not work on a new figure. It's being saved to the same directory where I saved the JCMs for the shoulder bends. I create a new figure and the morphs are still listed like they should be, they just don't work wlike they should. In this case, it's getting the eyes to close fully. I am able to get the eyes to close fully on one figure because the MCM is working, but on another I will try to close the eyes and that doesn't happen.

hhhhhhhhh.JPG
    1920 x 1080 - 219K
    testfigure1.JPG
    690 x 641 - 41K
    testfigure2.JPG
    626 x 642 - 37K
    Post edited by ludickes on
  • And where are you saving the ERC link?