Big problem in Installation Manager

I really need to reduce the size of my content, but it seems that the installation manager doesn't know where my content is.  Everything is set up correctly in the options, but when I click on individual packages, the drive letter is wrong.  When I install packages they go the the right drive and directory, but when I want to uninstall them the program can't find them. How do I change the drive letter that somehow got recorded in regard to the file's various locations?

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,441

Did you move them at some point, or change library location? The initial installation records where the files were installed in a manifest (hence the option to Install updates to the respective "installed" path or the current path), so you need to verify that location in each manifest file. I had to do it once, and using a batch "replace in files"-type operation (like with notepad++) you can easily replace the old location with the new one. Or at least correct the location.

Look for .dsx files in the Manifest Archive (on the Installation tab) and open one to see, it is just XML text. Look for the entry <UserInstallPath VALUE="drive:/path"/>. If the path does not match the one in DIM Settings, you need to change it to match what you actually use. If all the manifests are the same and correct, maybe the DIM setting needs to be changed (Installation tab, Content Path, aka list of Library locations).