Problem with Genesis 8 Female neck skin

I've been having an issue with all my Genesis 8 Females and only my Genesis 8 Females.  A patch of skin in the model's neck is white.  I can't seem to correct it.  See attached image.  Any help would be appreciated.

g8F_Neck.JPG
664 x 592 - 55K

Comments

• White? Are you sure that is Genesis 8, not 8.1 with the wrong UV Set selected for the back of the head?

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,538

Richard Haseltine said:

White? Are you sure that is Genesis 8, not 8.1 with the wrong UV Set selected for the back of the head?

The UV set is the 1st thing I checked.  It's G8F not 8.1.  The only UV options ate BASE and 2 nail options.

OK G8.1 F is immune to this problem.  It's only effecting G8F.

• SquishySquishy Posts: 460

pretty clearly your texture does not match the UV, does this happen with every texture, even the DAZ base ones?

pjzanca said:

pretty clearly your texture does not match the UV, does this happen with every texture, even the DAZ base ones?

Yes.

edited March 2021

load a G8F figure and switch the viewport camera to UV View, and select the Torso surface, it should look exactly like this

UV.jpg
    1170 x 917 - 428K
    Post edited by Squishy on

pjzanca said:

load a G8F figure and switch the viewport camera to UV View, and select the Torso surface, it should look exactly like this

On G8F, the neck is part of the head UV, but I'll do it and see what it looks like after I finish my current render.

pjzanca said:

Weird, not it's not doing it.  I don't get it.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

Which texture are you applying?

I loaded G8F Base and it was ok.  Then I pulled up the custom character from my screenshot and now she is ok too.

tkdrobert said:

pjzanca said:

On G8F, the neck is part of the head UV, but I'll do it and see what it looks like after I finish my current render.

This is not correct, the neck is part of the Torso surface on the G8F UV set.

UV.jpg
    395 x 784 - 65K

pjzanca said:

tkdrobert said:

pjzanca said:

This is not correct, the neck is part of the Torso surface on the G8F UV set.

So somehow my UVs got screwed up.  How to I fix it?

edited March 2021

You should be able to reinstall this without breaking anything else:

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-starter-essentials

if that doesn't fix it then maybe DAZ has a better solution

e: I advise you not to uninstall/reinstall, because that will probably delete a lot of associated support files e.g. morphs; manually unpacking and overwriting is probably safe but perhaps it's safer not to do anything at all until you talk directly to DAZ support.

Post edited by Squishy on