Muzzle Flash prop

I purchased the item a while back however when I try to put it in one of my scenes, the whole scene goes BLACK. Like all the lights just went out. I tried the lighting tool and that does not work either. it lights up the scene but the muzzle flash appears as a BIG BLACK ROCK.

Really? 

How do I get the prop to do what I expected and look the way it looks in the products page and other artists work? 

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Is "Preview Lights" turned off? The camera's headlamp is turned on by default, but once you add an actual light to the scene, it will switch to a preview of that light. If the light is not very bright, then your scene will be plunged into darkness. You might then need to fiddle with its material settings to turn up the luminance to make it appear.

Not having the prop itself, that's just a guess.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,441

First, are you using Iray? Won't work in 3DL. They don't actually use the Emissive property, but a point light inside a solid volume with SSS effects and a candy coating. Okay, it's a colored geoshell. Each is quite bright in Iray preview and renders (like the promos).