Need help with spotlighting on emissive surfaces

I'm working with emissive surfaces and have begun putting in spotlights. However, the emissive surfaces don't seem to get illumination from the spotlights. You can see in the image below, the ground gets the spotlight's illumination, but the booth directly in front of it does not. In this case the ground is a normal textured surface and the booth is using an emissive shader with the diffuse color map set to both base color and emissive color, and a luminance mask with a close to black color over everything that isn't supposed to be a light. Can emissive surfaces not be lit externally, or am I just missing some dial or light setting?

Also, with a shutter speed of 128, the emissive lights have a luminance of 45000 and the spotlight is set at luminance 1,000,000.

daz spotlight issue.png
2105 x 1238 - 3M

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,441

Is the Base color white to go along with the color bitmap? The two are linked (multiplicative, I think). White will let the bitmap through unaltered, black will effectively hide it, other colors will tint it.

• NorthOf45 said:

Is the Base color white to go along with the color bitmap? The two are linked (multiplicative, I think). White will let the bitmap through unaltered, black will effectively hide it, other colors will tint it.

That did it. Thanks so much! 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,441

Great!

Now why didn't the thread status change to show your reply and get a bump? (Rhetorical question...)