Exporting a custom morph so it can be used. Help

I made a custom morph for the morphing python's head. How do I export it so I can use it only any morphing python I load into a scene. (As it is now I have to have a save file of the morph to import into scenes) It would be more convenient if I didn't have to do so. 

Comments

• SquishySquishy Posts: 460

You don't need to export it, you just save it as a Morph Asset (File -> Save As -> Support Assets -> Morph Asset) and fill out the dialog box that comes up after clicking that.

• edited March 2021

Not working. I had to save it first as a prop asset. But even after that. Saving the morph doesn't work. And I even followed what the video did. 

I should have mentioned I used Dforms to make the morph. Not Z brush or blender.

Post edited by takanuinuva_40f6ab6ae5 on
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,198

If you have been using dFormer, I would export it as an obj, and then reimport and apply it as a morph to the original. 

if that didn't answer your question please explain exactly what steps you're taking, what kind of object is it, how did you load it etc - this morph asset feature works well for me and I'm pretty sure it should work for anyone else \o/

• pjzanca said:

if that didn't answer your question please explain exactly what steps you're taking, what kind of object is it, how did you load it etc - this morph asset feature works well for me and I'm pretty sure it should work for anyone else \o/

Alright so I have the morph saved to the morphing python and can access it in shaping. 

I had to first convert the figure to weight mapping. Then save it as a figure prop asset before I could save it as a morph asset

Once all that was done. I go to save it as morph asset and check only the morph box. (But there are 2 of them. One for the figure and one for the head where the morph itself is located) I've tried saving both individually In the 2 folder options I have. Daz3D/Studio/MyLibrary and MyDaz3D Library. Neither have ended up working.

Perhaps if I provide you a save file of the morph you can help me save it properly? 

• felis said:

If you have been using dFormer, I would export it as an obj, and then reimport and apply it as a morph to the original. 

How would I go about doing that exactly? I managed to export it as an obj. But can't find how to apply it.

edited March 2021

Start from scratch and tell me exactly the steps you're taking please. i.e. what is the object you're making a morph for, did you make it? it needs to be something you loaded from the content library, what object are you dealing with exactly?

Post edited by Squishy on
  • pjzanca said:

Start from scratch and tell me exactly the steps you're taking please. i.e. what is the object you're making a morph for, did you make it? it needs to be something you loaded from the content library, what object are you dealing with exactly?

I don't really want to make the dforms again. But the morph is applied to the head to make the morphing python smile. I made the morph myself from scratch. And saved it as it's own file so I can import it into scenes. So it should be from my content library.

I might just want to keep it that way instead of trying to hassle with this. As it is easy enough to import on it's own. 

this works for any object, it doesn't have to be made into a figure, it works for static props too. the important thing is the object has to be saved to library first, and then delete the original from the scene (not from library!)

load it from the library

make your morph with d-former (and by the way you can save d-former setups too!)

on the d-form pane, check the boxes as shown and "spawn morph" - this does what the checked options say (read them) and assign a name

File -> Save As -> Support Assets -> Morph Asset as explained earlier

from then on you should see your morph as shown in 2nd pic!

2021-03-27 (3).png
    1920 x 1040 - 219K
    2021-03-27 (4).png
    1920 x 1040 - 186K
  • edited March 2021

pjzanca said:

this works for any object, it doesn't have to be made into a figure, it works for static props too. the important thing is the object has to be saved to library first, and then delete the original from the scene (not from library!)

load it from the library

make your morph with d-former (and by the way you can save d-former setups too!)

on the d-form pane, check the boxes as shown and "spawn morph" - this does what the checked options say (read them) and assign a name

File -> Save As -> Support Assets -> Morph Asset as explained earlier

from then on you should see your morph as shown in 2nd pic!

I did all that already. What I need is a way so every figure can use it without having to import the morphed one into the scene

Here is the file. Maybe you can figure out what I'm doing wrong?

Right image shows the figure with the morph I made. Left shows the default model without being able to access the morph

duf
    duf
    Python Morph.duf
    python morph 2.png
    1366 x 727 - 142K
    python morph 1.png
    1364 x 724 - 144K
    Post edited by takanuinuva_40f6ab6ae5 on

that is how you do it, do you have a bunch of existing scene files or something? I don't quite understand what you're doing, please (again) spell out exactly what steps you're taking and what you're trying to do.

• pjzanca said:

that is how you do it, do you have a bunch of existing scene files or something? I don't quite understand what you're doing, please (again) spell out exactly what steps you're taking and what you're trying to do.

I had to first convert the figure to weight mapping. Then save it as a figure prop asset before I could save it as a morph asset

Once all that was done. I go to save it as morph asset and check only the morph box. (But there are 2 of them. One for the figure and one for the head where the morph itself is located) I've tried saving both individually In the 2 folder options I have. Daz3D/Studio/MyLibrary and MyDaz3D Library. Neither have ended up working.

This is what I did. I don't think I can explain it any better than that.

I'll try to explain again based on what you've said. I'm going to assume you have a prop/figure in a state where you have morph dials working the way you want them to work and go from there. Converting it to weight mapping or not has nothing at all to do with morph targets so I'm not going to touch that at all.

Select the object that has the morph dials working the way you want them to work (i.e. the one you showed 3 posts up)

File -> Save As -> Support Asset -> Figure/Prop Asset

Pick a directory and assign a name

Now your object is saved into the library with morphs embedded into it. You can open a new scene and load your object from the library (don't import, don't merge any other scene files, just load it from the library). If this doesn't work for you repeatably I don't know what to tell you, maybe contact DAZ support directly.

• pjzanca said:

I'll try to explain again based on what you've said. I'm going to assume you have a prop/figure in a state where you have morph dials working the way you want them to work and go from there. Converting it to weight mapping or not has nothing at all to do with morph targets so I'm not going to touch that at all.

Select the object that has the morph dials working the way you want them to work (i.e. the one you showed 3 posts up)

File -> Save As -> Support Asset -> Figure/Prop Asset

Pick a directory and assign a name

Now your object is saved into the library with morphs embedded into it. You can open a new scene and load your object from the library (don't import, don't merge any other scene files, just load it from the library). If this doesn't work for you repeatably I don't know what to tell you, maybe contact DAZ support directly.

Ah I getcha now. Thanks