PostgreSQL connection issues

mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,506

What's the database name for making a PostgreSQL connection to the cms database? I have the username and port, but it keeps erroring out on me because I cannot provide the proper database name... the default of dzcms (ie. when it copies the username) doesn't work and gives me an invalid database error.

Thanks!

edit: nevermind, I got it: the default is "postgres"

wait, that can't be right, the table is empty...? so it's not postgres?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Moved to Techincal help as it is not a scripting question, or even a Daz Studio question.

The database is not intended or set up for direct user access. There are script methods for accessing the data it contains, if that is what you want I can move the thread back and you should look at the DzAssetMgr object and its assocaites.

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,506

Richard Haseltine said:

Moved to Techincal help as it is not a scripting question, or even a Daz Studio question.

The database is not intended or set up for direct user access. There are script methods for accessing the data it contains, if that is what you want I can move the thread back and you should look at the DzAssetMgr object and its assocaites.

Thank you Richard. Diving into the database data is indeed what I'm looking for, but the Technical Support section works too.

To be more specific, I'm trying to narrow down the discrepancy between what is reported in DIM and DAZ Connect in terms of purchase date.

I'm looking in the cms database right now and I can see that the date stamp is indeed incorrect inside CMS... but DIM is somehow correctly pulling that information on the same product and stores it in the product Manifest. Even weirder is that despite DIM correctly reporting the purchase date in the manifest, it will install the content into CMS with the incorrect purchase date.

I've been working with DAZ Tech Support with this too. I haven't heard a reply in a while so I decided to dive deeper into the data and send it to them.

• I know this issue has been reported to Daz. It's not soemthing I've tested, but is the purchase date wrong in DS if you install through DIM and open DS in offline mode (if it's set to log-in automatically you will have to turn that off, install the content through DIM, and refresh - it may actually require buying soemthing after the last time DS connected to Daz, though).

• OK, I just tried that and the order date was not populated following the DIM install, though I didn't try querying the asset details via script just looked at the info tab in Smart Content.

• OmnifluxOmniflux Posts: 371

@mtl1 This is a common problem for people trying to access the DS database directly. You are probably connecting to the wrong instance of PostgreSQL.

The default instance used by DAZ is at localhost:17237, but you can verify the current configuration by looking at %APPDATA%\DAZ 3D\cms\cmscfg.json