CPU Load Limit

hey there, trying to render a large scene. GPU is out of memory so CPU should do the job but failed. - Freeze -  I have seen that there is a CPU limit of 16 ( asume it is GB meant) The scene has 19 GB. In case the CPU limit is the reason for aborting render, can the limit be extendet ?

Log File shows loads of warning: OpticX Prime error: Memory allocation failed / Scene setup failed / device failed while rendering / All available GPU`s failed / No device activated. Enabeling CPU fallback /All workers failed: aborting render.

I´m running Daz 4.15.  "Allow CPU fallback" is checked, "Photoreal Mode" has CPU and GPU checked. My system has 32 GB RAM available

Comments

• Have you tried restarting DS and deselecting the GPU and selecting the CPU in the Advanced tab of Render Settings? I suspect that might be more efficient. There isn't, that I am aware of, a set limit for CPU rendering.

• harrykimharrykim Posts: 225
    edited March 2021

hey Richard, yes I did. As a result I´ve got a partial render. Means that DAZ rendered the environment only. Better said the atmosphere. It is a underwater scene. The dome (from environment setting) and the waterplane was rendered, but the komplete prop load was ignored.

Concerning the CPU Load Limit, ... if you take a look in Advanced Render Settings under "Scheduled" ... you can see this "restriction"

Additional: I have checked the real available RAM , ... well, it is 19 GB available. This could clear all questions, since the scene hast 19.6 GB

Update: No way. Have rduced the scene size to 14 GB. Fatal error

Post edited by harrykim on
  • The CPU Load Limit is a way to stop it from using all your cores/threads, which it does by default - it has nothing to do with memory or other resources available.

• joegerardijoegerardi Posts: 226

I have a scene that simply uses up all the memory and locks the computer up for a long time until I can get some resources freed up to cancel the render.

12+ gig on a scene with 1 location and 2-G8 characters. (The Japanese Winter Spa is a resource pig.)

If the RAM is all gone, there's nothing you can do. I have 16 Gig, and after it reaches 12 Gig, DAZ is done. (The rest is for the system resources.) I'll be upgrading my Windows 7 Home to Win 7 Pro or Ultimatge in order to update to 64 gig, but that's all you can really do