Iray Incompatible Stuff

So ... I have collected a lot of content over the past 4 years, and I have been trying to organize them to make them easier to find when I need them. I have discovered that my incomplete lighting knowledge has left me with quite a few products that won't work with Iray without a lot of work.

I am now going through the lighting packages that I have purchased, and I think quite a few of them aren't Iray compatible either. If a package uses "UberEnvironment" instead of "UberEnvironment 2", does that mean that it is NOT Iray?

What are some other things I should be looking for to clean out the Irat incompatible stuff?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580

Both UberEnvironment and UberEnvironment2 are 3Delight.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

Why not just apply an iray shader to it?

• poorman_65poorman_65 Posts: 140

... to the Light Presets?

For the other packages, I think I would need to find replacement shaders for everything, wouldn't I?

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,908

Lighting: it's either explicitely made for IRAY or not. I wouldn't bother with the latter if you're using IRAY now.

Shaders: Procedural shaders for 3DL won't work with IRAY. Everything else can be converted without too much effort.

Characters and props: they can all be made to work with IRAY as far as I know. Some require little to no work, others need to be reworked extensively. Find out with trial and error.