Reality 4.1 plugin not opening for me

In the render menu there is a button "reality render editor" but its not working. I see the blue circle on windows like something is loading but nothing comes up. I couldnt find anything about this in the reality plugin website nor the reality user guide. I hope to find some help here.

Comments

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 664
    edited March 2021

robby said:

In the render menu there is a button "reality render editor" but its not working. I see the blue circle on windows like something is loading but nothing comes up. I couldnt find anything about this in the reality plugin website nor the reality user guide. I hope to find some help here.

A couple of things to check -

Make sure that Reality is not being blocked by your firewall & and full internet access

Check to see if you Anti-Virus is not interfeiring with in.

Check Your OpenCL version as the latest version is not compatible & you may need to downgrade it.  

Post edited by Platnumk on
  • robbyrobby Posts: 1

How can I know that windows defender is interfering with it? I have not seen a warning that Reality is a threat somehow.

I have put an exception for Reality in Windows firewall but still it doesnt work.

I have not installed the openCL version.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,871
    edited March 2021

This thread may be informative: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/478376/reality-4-3-win10x64

If you purchased Reality in the past 30 days, I would very strongly recommend returning it and requesting a refund. (Although if it's really version 4.1, you may be well beyond a return date.)

Post edited by vwrangler on

vwrangler said:

This thread may be informative: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/478376/reality-4-3-win10x64

If you purchased Reality in the past 30 days, I would very strongly recommend returning it and requesting a refund. (Although if it's really version 4.1, you may be well beyond a return date.

I read the whole thread. It seems quite troubling. I understand the problem but I want to find a solution anyway.

I bought Reality from Pret-a-3D. The original website of the creator Paolo.

As I currently understand the problem, Reality plugin does not work because its not registered. The first time its opened, it should ask for registering the serial number.

Since its uploaded as open source, is there any way it would be possible to compile it and make Reality useable, or register the serial code any way to use Reality?

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,871

You would need to contact Paolo for that information, and as noted in the preta3d.com forum, he doesn't seem to be responding at the current time.

Somewhere on the preta3d forum, there's information about where to get the open source version and compiling it, but I don't know where that is or how to do it. And in the thread I linked, someone mentioned trying to compile it with cmake and that it didn't work. Part of the issue is that you'll need to go through the code and pull out the parts where it reaches out to the servers for registration validation, as well.

Reality would also need to be updated to deal with the fact that both Microsoft Windows and nVidia through its driver updates have introduced program incompatibilities, and the program itself hasn't been updated since 2017, so without the open source community doing the updates, I'm not sure how you can get it to work properly.

vwrangler said:

You would need to contact Paolo for that information, and as noted in the preta3d.com forum, he doesn't seem to be responding at the current time.

Somewhere on the preta3d forum, there's information about where to get the open source version and compiling it, but I don't know where that is or how to do it. And in the thread I linked, someone mentioned trying to compile it with cmake and that it didn't work. Part of the issue is that you'll need to go through the code and pull out the parts where it reaches out to the servers for registration validation, as well.

Reality would also need to be updated to deal with the fact that both Microsoft Windows and nVidia through its driver updates have introduced program incompatibilities, and the program itself hasn't been updated since 2017, so without the open source community doing the updates, I'm not sure how you can get it to work properly.

Okay I understand it. The forum on the site is no longer there. Its been removed by Paolo because of cost issues. It says Paolo can be contacted directly through mail. I will do that of course.

Paolo hoped that the open source community would pick up his project. Perhaps reality is not lost.