Character Creator 3 to DAZ-- has anyone had success?

I haven't found too much information searching the forums-- has anyone had any luck? Obviously I know it can't come into Daz3D rigged, that the bones will not import properly. I imagine it will be a lot of work and maybe require multiple other programs, but I'd like to try it. I have CC3 characters I want to use.

What is the best way to have my Daz3D character look like my current CC3 character? That's what I'm asking. Thank you.

Comments

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,820

Make a custom morph for Genesis,in a modeling program,
    that resembles the Reallusion CC3 character.

or try "dialing in" a resemblance with your existing installed Genesis morphs 

or ,if you have CC3 pipeline, use the Diffeo or D2B plugin to send your Daz scene to Blender
    and use the free CC3 pipeline Addon tool to bring that CC3 CHaracter to Blender which will set up the skin shaders automaticly 
    then render the scene/animation in blender Cycles or EEVEE 

beyond that forget it!!

CC3 is a Different Character Eco system with Different geometries and UV's

pick one Character system or the other or one can mix the two via a third party app or game engine for rendering.

CC3screen cap TEMPLATE.jpg
    1680 x 987 - 748K
  • bishboschbishbosch Posts: 47

wolf359 said:

Make a custom morph for Genesis,in a modeling program,
    that resembles the Reallusion CC3 character.

or try "dialing in" a resemblance with your existing installed Genesis morphs 

or ,if you have CC3 pipeline, use the Diffeo or D2B plugin to send your Daz scene to Blender
    and use the free CC3 pipeline Addon tool to bring that CC3 CHaracter to Blender which will set up the skin shaders automaticly 
    then render the scene/animation in blender Cycles or EEVEE 

beyond that forget it!!

CC3 is a Different Character Eco system with Different geometries and UV's

pick one Character system or the other or one can mix the two via a third party app or game engine for rendering.

Thank you for telling me about the CC3 to Blender Add-on! Fantastic.

And yes, this is basically what I suspected. I'll bring both elements into Blender and work in there. I've been enjoying the speed of Octane Rendering in Daz so I'll probably try Octane in Blender and hope everything looks good. Thank you for your advice!

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,820

Hi
    Indeed the CC3 pipeline addon for Blender is a game changer for me.

With the various export plugins and standard FBX import to Blender,
    I am using CC3/Daz Genesis and even a few legacy Millenuim 3 Character in my current
    animated youtube series rendered in EEVEE.