Can't Open Files

I can't open my files. The only way I'm able to open a file is to use the "Open Recent" option. All files are grayed out when I try to use the "Open" option. Even recent files that can be opened with the "Open Recent" option are grayed out using the "Open" option. I'm not entirely sure when the problem started (because I've mostly been using recent files) but it may have been when I upgraded my Mac to Big Sur.

Any suggestions please?

Comments

• Where asre you saving? if it's in a folder set as a Daz Studio content directory can you go there in the Content Library under Daz Studio Formats and open the files? How about File>Open?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,389

rollbc_6040d68780 said:

I'm not entirely sure when the problem started (because I've mostly been using recent files) but it may have been when I upgraded my Mac to Big Sur.

I’m rather surprised you're able to use DS with Big Sur at all, since it's not supported. Which version of DS do you use?

• Richard Haseltine said:

Where asre you saving? if it's in a folder set as a Daz Studio content directory can you go there in the Content Library under Daz Studio Formats and open the files? How about File>Open?

I'm saving the scene files to various folders that have to do with the projects I'm working on. When I use File>Open, all the files are grayed out and I can't select them.

• Leana said:

rollbc_6040d68780 said:

I'm not entirely sure when the problem started (because I've mostly been using recent files) but it may have been when I upgraded my Mac to Big Sur.

I’m rather surprised you're able to use DS with Big Sur at all, since it's not supported. Which version of DS do you use?

I'm using DS 4.8.0.59 Pro Edition (64-bit). Oh and this is what the info and startup windows look like. They're upside down and flipped! 

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 9.16.23 AM.png
    638 x 477 - 536K
  • I'm sorry I missed that you were on Big Sur. Like Leana I am surprised it works att all but the greyed out files (due to the way extensions are passed) has been an issue since Catalina; it's fixed in newer builds of DS, for catalina, but they don't run under Big Sur. As I recall drag-and-drop from Finder will also work, which would give you access to those that have dropped off the recent list.

• Richard Haseltine said:

I'm sorry I missed that you were on Big Sur. Like Leana I am surprised it works att all but the greyed out files (due to the way extensions are passed) has been an issue since Catalina; it's fixed in newer builds of DS, for catalina, but they don't run under Big Sur. As I recall drag-and-drop from Finder will also work, which would give you access to those that have dropped off the recent list.

Thank you. I've tried the drag and drop and it doesn't work. The drag and drop actually didn't work for me long before I upgraded to Big Sur. Any idea when Daz will release an update to be compatible with Big Sur? 

• Bummer. Thank you.