Using Robot Titan in Scene Prevents Creation of New Cameras

Hi,

So I added the Robot Titan to a scene, and just what the title says happened. When attempting to create a camera in the scene, I get an error:

A node labeled "Camera" already exists in the scene.

A node named "Camera" already exists in the scene. 

Adjustments have been made. Verify the adjustments and try again. 

Trying again results in the same error. I had to search the scene for "camera" to find it was this figure, which has a bone/part labeled camera. Renaming the bone "cam" or anything else does nothing to alter the outcome. Using 4.15.0.2 Pro version. Any suggestions on fixing this or is this a bug that I need to report? The only fix I can find is to add the camera then add the figure. 

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Name the camera something other than "Camera".

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,046
    edited March 2021

does it give you the fix conflict option?

do you have show advanced in the camera dialogue?

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • WandererWanderer Posts: 957

I had to rename both the name and the label as something other than camera. I added numbers to it, but the OCD part of my brain goes bonkers over that one. Where's camera one it keeps asking. Strangely, when I tried to do so when I had the original scene open, I couldn't get it to work even with renaming the camera. Upon returning to the matter and checking by itself in a new scene, it will work if I rename and relabel the camera. 

I do not see a fix conflict option or a show advanced option. It seems to work okay this way, but worth noting that it's an issue for Daz when a part of an object is named camera.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,441

The camera node on Robot Titan is not recognized as a Camera object by Studio, so it tries to do what it is designed to do, add a Camera. Why it works okay if the Camera is added first, then Robot Titan, I don't know. Could have something to do with hierarchy scanning and node structure. I tried renaming the bone and saving Modified Assets, but the original name comes back. I suppose it also needs a new face group to go with the new bone name, and updating the controllers to match. I'm tired already...