Whitney outfit by Arryn Onell - issues with G8 female

VenomisbeautyVenomisbeauty Posts: 106

I know they are serious vendors and I really love what they do and I usually buy from their shop.....but I recently purchased their latest creation "dforce Whitney oufit for Genesis 8.1 females" because in item's description i read "Compatible figures: Genesis 8.1 Female, Genesis 8 female"

Despite this, this dress perfectly works with my Vic 8.1, but if I try to fit it to any Genesis 8, like Vic 8.0 for example, it fits her as "unsupported item" and does not allow to charge any texture, so the dress remains matte white.....unuseful :(

Any suggestions to fix the problem? Ask for a refund or wait for a fix? I like the item and I would like to keep it, but now I rarely use my Vic 8.1 and I bought the dress with intent of rendering it on a G8F model.

Any issues with similar recent items sold for compatible with 8.1 and 8.0, but having issues with 8.0?

Bye and thanks in advance

Post edited by Venomisbeauty on

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Yeah, I don't know why it does that, but here is what you can do.

1. Load Base G8.1F. 
    2. Apply your shape, the same way you would if it was G8F.  Apply your G8F materials, too.
    3. Load the dress, or outift, or whatever.
  • MadaMada Posts: 1,892

Use Scene identification to set the preffered base to 8 instead of 8.1. The autofit message will go away.

Edit | Object | Scene Identification | Preferred Base | Genesis 8 Female

• VenomisbeautyVenomisbeauty Posts: 106
    edited March 2021

Sevrin said:

Yeah, I don't know why it does that, but here is what you can do.

1. Load Base G8.1F. 
    2. Apply your shape, the same way you would if it was G8F.  Apply your G8F materials, too.
    3. Load the dress, or outift, or whatever

almost there, because the model shape slightly changes when loading materials on G8.1

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • VenomisbeautyVenomisbeauty Posts: 106
    edited March 2021

Mada said:

Use Scene identification to set the preffered base to 8 instead of 8.1. The autofit message will go away.

Edit | Object | Scene Identification | Preferred Base | Genesis 8 Female

I can't find the direction you say in the menu. The only choice possible in "Object" seems to be "Change parent"

I'm attaching a file to show, and it is visible also the shape change from G8 model (left) to G8.1 with applied materials (right)

2021-03-23.png
    1360 x 768 - 587K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

Do not select your G8F character, load the clothing, select clothing, select from the menu "Menu->Figure->Scene identification". At the interface that opens, change "Preferred base" from Genesis 8.1 Female to Genesis 8 Female. The three dots on the right will open a window where you can make the change. Once you are done, close the interfaces and fit the clothing to Genesis 8 female normally.

• MadaMada Posts: 1,892

You have the figure selected in your image- you want to change the scene identification for the clothing item, not the figure :)

• Another way to change the texture of the outfit would be, to change the textures in the "Surfaces" tab of Whitney Outfit by clicking on Base Color and Browse to the directory with the textures, then select one of them.

For me the procedure with changing the preferred base didn't work, maybe I missed something.....

• pbergmann_c6b73c8588 said:

Another way to change the texture of the outfit would be, to change the textures in the "Surfaces" tab of Whitney Outfit by clicking on Base Color and Browse to the directory with the textures, then select one of them.

For me the procedure with changing the preferred base didn't work, maybe I missed something.....

Great! It worked! Problem solved! Many thanks to everyone!

• hwgs1971hwgs1971 Posts: 130

Thanks to everyone who MacGyvered this, but is the vendor going to fix this? I really am not interested into going into the guts of this...how about selling me something that works instead or I buy from someone else who does from now on.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388
    edited June 2021

hwgs1971 said:

Thanks to everyone who MacGyvered this, but is the vendor going to fix this? 

Did anyone report it to Daz support? 

Post edited by Leana on