How can I find the size of my render?

Studio keeps falling back on the CPU to render instead of using the GPU on any render I try. The log tells me that I'm running out of memory every time. The card is a GeForce 1060 with 6 gigabytes of memory. There's no way every render I do maxes this thing out, but that's what the logs say.

The one thing in the log or in Studio I can't find is the size of each render I'm trying. I'm not sure what language or phrasing to look for (something saying, "Hey! Over here!" would be nice...) Can someone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014
    edited March 2021

Did some testing a while back, maybe this will give some idea.

Case 1) Single G8 character with lightweight clothing, hair and three spotlights
    Cases 2-4) Four G8 characters with lightweight clothing, hair, interior scene and three spotlights

Running W7 Ultimate, RTX 2070 Super (8GB) and 64GB RAM

On W10, the base load for the OS would be 800MB:s more and the RTX functions being emulated in software would need some additional space. (read 1-1.5GB over what's on the chart)

RenderTST2.PNG
    615 x 574 - 40K
    Post edited by PerttiA on
  • margravemargrave Posts: 1,822
    There's some hidden overhead we're not privy to that means you can't use all your VRAM. Another poster said he got kicked down to CPU for a 17 gig scene when he had 24 gigs of VRAM. I've personally noticed similar situations with my 8 gig card. I can only recommend the Scene Optimizer utility for slimming down your texture maps, or doing it yourself with Photoshop/Gimp.
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

The Brig said:

Studio keeps falling back on the CPU to render instead of using the GPU on any render I try. The log tells me that I'm running out of memory every time. The card is a GeForce 1060 with 6 gigabytes of memory. There's no way every render I do maxes this thing out, but that's what the logs say.

The one thing in the log or in Studio I can't find is the size of each render I'm trying. I'm not sure what language or phrasing to look for (something saying, "Hey! Over here!" would be nice...) Can someone point me in the right direction?

I think what you are looking for would be under "Render Settings"