Hdri not loading in 4.11

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

I have run into a few hdri that when I click to apply the hdri in my scene don't work in 4.11. I do go in and just load it manually but is there away to fix the issue?  It seems new releases are doing this more. Older products load properly.

Post edited by Serene Night on

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Is there any reason why the product names need to remain a secret?

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,441

It could be because of the new Environment & Tone Mapping nodes that replaced the Render Settings after v4.12. I have noticed a couple of new products doing the same (I am still on 4.12 myself, can't recall which HDRI's at the moment). I would have assumed that they could load into previous versions, but apparently not.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602
    edited March 2021

Sevrin said:

Is there any reason why the product names need to remain a secret?

No. 

https://www.daz3d.com/true-illusion-hdri-lighting-volume-2

and 

https://www.daz3d.com/winter-scenery-hdri

There have been others.

It seems the script to load them is not functioning.  

For hardware reasons, I cannot render in 4.15

I can confirm they do work in 4.15 since i keep a copy for viewing content, I don't use it to render. But they load properly there, just not in earlier studio.

Lately, I've run into PAS using only the newest studios when writing scripts, so my assumption is that those scripts don't work well in older studios. Unfortunately, I am limited to older studio until I can afford an upgrade.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

You're not the only one with a problem with the Winter Scenery, but there's no information about what version this person's using.  Render settings aren't scripts, but there have been a couple of Iray updates since 4.11, and the new render settings probably don't play nice with old versions of Iray.

@JDA HDRI | Winter Scenery HDRI doesnt load - Daz 3D Forums

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

I own all the JDA sets. The last two are problems I think with loading the HDRI in scene. Nothing much different about them than the others.