Mysterious Mouse Click

I have Parkinson's and it causes my tremors to accidently click my mouse buttons.     (Actually, I use a track ball as I can controll it easier than I can a mouse.)

Recently I have accidently clicked the right mouse button and my cursor has gone invisible.  It doesn't always happen when my hand tremors and I click that button, but about 30% of the time my cursor disappears.  

Any idea what I can do to bring my cursor back???

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,441

That's a well-known problem when using the Rotate/Pan/Zoom controls, and you click the other mouse button without releasing the first.

There are a few solutions, my favourite is to get the invisible cursor over the view control cube (widgets will highlight as you move the mouse around, or use the Ctrl key sonar, if you have that set up), left-click and hold, then right-click and release both. Cursor returns.

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

When that happens, I navigate to the view options (Smooth, Textured, Iray, etc.) and click the dropdown. That always brings the cursor back.

• Db3dDb3d Posts: 248

Both of you thank you.   I will try those the next time it happens to me.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

NorthOf45 said:

That's a well-known problem when using the Rotate/Pan/Zoom controls, and you click the other mouse button without releasing the first.

There are a few solutions, my favourite is to get the invisible cursor over the view control cube (widgets will highlight as you move the mouse around, or use the Ctrl key sonar, if you have that set up), left-click and hold, then right-click and release both. Cursor returns.

I never use the controls in the viewport, using the dials in Parameters Tab instead => No accidental clicking of both buttons and no disappearing cursor.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

PerttiA said:

NorthOf45 said:

I never use the controls in the viewport, using the dials in Parameters Tab instead => No accidental clicking of both buttons and no disappearing cursor.

Same

• Db3dDb3d Posts: 248

FSMCDesigns said:

PerttiA said:

NorthOf45 said:

Same

Thank you.  That was quick and easy to do, and it works like a champ.