Entire Daz content seems to be duplicated in 2 places

Something seems to be really strangely up with Daz, it has created 2 places where it's storing and expecting the same content:

C:\Daz 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library

C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library

Different parts of the application seem to look in different locations, so things sometimes don't work if content is in one of these paths but not the other. Copying content over so that it's in both of these paths fixes everything.

Like I can have Daz Central install something successfully, then when I open the studio it can't find the file because it's expecting it to have been installed in the other path.

This gets hugely confusing, does anyone know what's up? Why are there 2 paths used to store content?

Comments

• Someone smarter than me will chime in, but Daz will install content where you tell it to. If you use multiple means of intalling, you need to be sure it is being installed in the right place.

I always use DIM, I have it set up to where to install content and it performs well.

The : C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library is the default (I also use that one, except I use D: and reserve C: for my OS). 

I'm not familiar with the other path

I don't use Daz Central, but I did find, much to my dismay when I had issues with missing files on some installs, that Daz Connect also has it's own path. If you install from within Daz Studio, it uses Connect.

If you use DIM, check your settings as to where it is set to install (I recomend the default, unless you really know what you're doing, you can customize within Daz Studio)

Also, make sure you check the Content Management System (CMS) in Studio and make sure those paths are the same.

• Thanks for this. Is there a  way I can just reset everything to the default paths? Uninstalling and reinstalling the apps doesn't seem to achieve this, so presumably there's some cached settings it keeps somewhere.

• In Install Manager you can right-click on the paths in Advanced Settings, via the gear at top-right, and select Default. Those look like the defaults for Daz Central first, then Daz Install Manager - whichever was installed second should have respected the settings of the oen that was installed first, but early versions of Daz Central didn't do so.