X-Fashion missing assets?

I've purchased two x fashion clothing, One yesterday and another today, and both have missing assets.The clothing does load, but the missing assets seem to be textures.

I've tried reinstalling and neither seems to be working. I tried locating files when Daz informs you of missing assets, but I went though all their folders and can't find anything.

Is there a fix or should I just request a refund?

Comments

• Is it a texture that seems to be needed? Sometimes items have references to textures thata re not in fact used on the model (which should still be caught and removed), other times it may be an image that is needed for the item to look correct. Which products are they?

• SoapdishSoapdish Posts: 29

Richard Haseltine said:

Is it a texture that seems to be needed? Sometimes items have references to textures thata re not in fact used on the model (which should still be caught and removed), other times it may be an image that is needed for the item to look correct. Which products are they?

I got one of them working. I just kept uninstalling and reinstalling. Luck I guess.

The other, I got no luck. It's the X-fashion sexy sweet lingere. 

https://www.daz3d.com/x-fashion-sexy-sweet-lingerie-for-genesis-8-females

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

How are you installing?  DIM is more reliable than any other option.  If you can't install it with DIM, which happens rarely, you will certainly have problems installing it any other way.

As a data point, I own that lingerie product, and it installed fine with DIM.  There's nothing wrong with the product.

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Soapdish said:

I got one of them working. I just kept uninstalling and reinstalling. Luck I guess.

I just opened this product and tested a few of the material options, and they all seemed to be working. Although there are two transparency presets in the "Lost and Found", so it has some metadata issues. When you open the "Surfaces" tap, it's not showing any texture maps?

Sevrin said:

How are you installing?  DIM is more reliable than any other option.  If you can't install it with DIM, which happens rarely, you will certainly have problems installing it any other way.

As a data point, I own that lingerie product, and it installed fine with DIM.  There's nothing wrong with the product.

Just installing it through Daz3D.

margrave said:

Soapdish said:

I just opened this product and tested a few of the material options, and they all seemed to be working. Although there are two transparency presets in the "Lost and Found", so it has some metadata issues. When you open the "Surfaces" tap, it's not showing any texture maps?

when I try to load the items, it just tells me missing assets, but if I skip it all it, just loads the item without textures, When I try to load materails on it, I get the same missing files error.

asset.PNG
    886 x 627 - 60K
    No texture.PNG
    759 x 598 - 45K
    Locate.PNG
    807 x 572 - 44K
  • margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Soapdish said:

when I try to load the items, it just tells me missing assets, but if I skip it all it, just loads the item without textures, When I try to load materails on it, I get the same missing files error.

Hmm...

If you go to your Product Library, you should be able to download a ZIP file for this product. Try copying the textures into the designated path and see if that works.

• That is a Connect folder, abd the U arrow at top-right of the product icon indicates that it thinks there's an update - presumably the missing files did not download correctly (I suspect of you browse to the folder location you will find one or more 0-byte .part files). You could try right-click on the product icon>Install Update but if that doesn't work I would right-click on product icon>Uninstall and then install through Install Manager/Daz Central.

I installed it through Daz Central and that seemed to do the trick.

Thanks for all the imput and suggestions!