Kin Hair for 8.1 ?

Good day,

just a quick question. 

I was wondering if there is a way or a workaround to get Kin Hair working on Genesis 8.1.

https://www.daz3d.com/kin-character-and-dforce-kin-hair-for-genesis-8-males

the only solution I found was convert to .obj ..

Thank you

regards

Comments

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,382
    edited March 2021

I loaded the 8.1 character, Azaziel with PBR skin, added the 8.1 texture for Thomas.  I dressed him, added a HDRI, and loaded Kin as a separate figure. I loaded the Kin hair to Azaziel, applied one of the mats and one of the posing settings, deleted the separate Kin figure, and rendered:

Kin.jpg
    1495 x 1261 - 433K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on
  • m4daram4dara Posts: 11
    edited March 2021

okay.. huh. Whenever I load kin hair to g8.1 there is a part of the hair missing. the missing part is the one who needs "torso" surface. 

Here with Micheal 8.1

1.PNG
    696 x 620 - 234K
    Post edited by m4dara on
  • MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,147
    In G8.1, the "torso" surface is now two surfaces, one called "head" and one called "body". It's likely that you need to copypaste the "torso" surface materials from G8 to G8.1's "head".
  • m4daram4dara Posts: 11
    edited March 2021

thank you, however, does not work too. The Hair-surfaces are called "Torso" and "Face". I guess it needs a "Torso" surface in the model to work ... ... which the 8.1 does not have.. *confused*. ^^

I wonder how nemesis10 (above) did this.. I tried it on Azaziel too.. same issue as in my picture.  Hair is missing.

Post edited by m4dara on