Daz Studio Interpolation problem

KarpentKarpent Posts: 9

Hello everyone!

Strange things happen to my interpolation values. It looks like the software, on its own and randomly, changes interpolation values on my keys. For the most part I don't change those values when I make animations so they are typically set to 0,00, whether it is Bias, Tension or Continuity. 

Now, very often these values get changed , up to 100 or -100, which makes it all go crazy. As an example, if it has affected a scale key, the object becomes infinitely long for a number of frames. But so far I havent found any clear pattern of which nodes and parameters this happens to.

It looks like  it happens when I load a Scene Subset into a scene. Or when i take some objects in the scene and slide them along the timeline.

I can correct these values back to 0 again, but it takes ages to find which keys are affected. It could even be hidden JCM's, so I have to go through absolutely everything in my scene. 

Anyone have an idea of what's going on here?

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Anyone have an idea of what's going on here?

Yeah, you're trying to animate in Daz. devil

Unlock every property, hit "Refresh", and hope the errant keyframes show up so you can delete them. Sometimes they don't, and you just have to manually keyframe every frame. 

• KarpentKarpent Posts: 9

Thanks, margrave. I read from your answer that Daz just does this by default. I was hoping there was some function there one could disable. Or that I had done something in the wrong way that I could correct. 

Should we conclude that it must be a bug in the program?  Because I don't see why this could in any way make the animation better.

• The margrave reply is not terribly helpful - and sounds to be based on a display issue from an older build. If you have a scene, ideally a simple one, that shows this issue please send it to Daz as an attachment to a Techincal Support ticket along with a decription and screen shots of the issue. https://www.daz3d.com/help

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

jangjest said:

Should we conclude that it must be a bug in the program?  Because I don't see why this could in any way make the animation better.

think Daz tries to hide keyframes for locked properties, which in theory could be helpful. So then you need to hit "Refresh" to get them to appear again if you unlock the property. But--probably due to a bug--sometimes they just don't come back.

As Richard mentioned, this may have been 4.14. I honestly don't remember. Animating in Daz was such a headache I've had no interest in revisiting it, so I can't say if it still happens.

Richard Haseltine said:

The margrave reply is not terribly helpful - and sounds to be based on a display issue from an older build. If you have a scene, ideally a simple one, that shows this issue please send it to Daz as an attachment to a Techincal Support ticket along with a decription and screen shots of the issue. https://www.daz3d.com/help

Thanks, Richard.  I'll try that.

Update

To find out more about the problem,  I made a simple scene with a G3F hand  animated in a little loop over 30 frames. The hand and all fingers have some movement on all rotation parameters with keys on frame 0, 15 and 30.  Then I tried to copy that little 30-frames loop so it became 2 identical loops over 60 frames.

First i used KeyMate in TRSV mode. Copy, paste, all went well.

Then I tried Daz Timeline. For modes TR, TRS, TRSO it was Ok.  Then I tried TRSOA and TRSOAH and that made a lot of distortions. Many nodes affected but not all, and at some parameters but not all. 

So my conclusion is that I should avoid the H (hidden) and A (aliases) modes when I use the timeline for copying and pasting keys.  I hope that will solve the problem when working on more complicated scenes.

• Hmm, that - at least with respect to A - may be a bug, copying the value from both and somehow stacking it. H may similarly be taking the net value (any local plus links) and applying it directly to the property as well as setting the controllers so that they affect the property. I may be missing soemthing, but it sounds worth flagging up so Daz can explain it (if it's acting correctly and the distortion has soem other cause) or add it for fixing.