"Deadly" to fix a part of the body in the animation

Good day!

I often encounter this problem not only in myself but also in other animations. Legs and arms are not fixed at 100% and "vibrate" during the animation. Can this be somehow solved in DAZ?

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Try an IK-Chain for the hands.

• roezakaroezaka Posts: 64

margrave

This does not help, the hand is still not fixed.
    Why does "pin" work so badly with animations? Is there an analogue?
    It works fine if you animate each frame in turn, but it is very inconvenient.

roezaka said:

margrave

This does not help, the hand is still not fixed.
    Why does "pin" work so badly with animations? Is there an analogue?
    It works fine if you animate each frame in turn, but it is very inconvenient.

To be honest, I haven't had much good experience with the animation system. I've had lots of issues like Euler rotation errors, hidden keyframes causing strange movement, moving lights back to frame 0 for some reason changes the color to a deep red, etc. By far the worst was a persistent bug that happened when I use the "Symmetry" option to mirror a pose for a walk cycle. In the interpolated frames, the character's head would collapse in on itself.

If you have heavy animation needs, you might want to look into the Blender bridge instead. You could either render it with Blender's own unbiased renderer, Cycles, or just import every frame of animation back into Daz as an .obj if you really want to use Iray.

margrave

I will do so if the problem persists. But I do not yet believe that daz cannot do such a simple thing as simply fix a limb when creating an animation ...

roezaka said:

I will do so if the problem persists. But I do not yet believe that daz cannot do such a simple thing as simply fix a limb when creating an animation ...

Daz Studio has an animation system, but IIRC it was an add-on they only integrated into the base product a little while ago. The posing tools are so janky because they're meant for still shots, not animations.

• margrave said:

roezaka said:

Daz Studio has an animation system, but IIRC it was an add-on they only integrated into the base product a little while ago. The posing tools are so janky because they're meant for still shots, not animations.

KeyMate and GraphMate were recently integrated into DS to enhance the Timeline, but the Timeline pane and animation features are long-standing features - and indeed, AniMate is old - KeyMate and GraphMate came later, but are still quite old - and you can see the dates of many of Casual's scripts for animators (and thow far back the supported versions go) as another indication.

Richard Haseltine

In other words, I can't just lock the limb when creating the animation? Or are there any scenarios for this? It's so simple ... Daz for 20 years has not been able to make the fixation of the limb compatible with the creation of animation? If so, then this is extremely annoying. And now I understand why no one recommends doing animations using DAZ ...

roezaka said:

Richard Haseltine

In other words, I can't just lock the limb when creating the animation? Or are there any scenarios for this? It's so simple ... Daz for 20 years has not been able to make the fixation of the limb compatible with the creation of animation? If so, then this is extremely annoying. And now I understand why no one recommends doing animations using DAZ ...

You might have better luck using the Active Pose tool (and making sure to hit "Pin at Both" in the Tool Settings menu). The Active Pose tool does have somewhat better IK if you pin both feet, although in my tests only one of the feet actually sticks in place.

However, the Active Pose tool uses a completely separate pinning system to the Translate and Rotate tools, so what's pinned in one won't be pinned in the other. And the Active Pose tool does good at translation, but it's not as good at rotation. Oftentimes limbs will translate toward or away from the camera rather than bend.

For whatever reason, Daz doesn't seem to use control handles for its IK. If you move a pinned bone slightly outside the pin's sphere of influence, it forgets where it's supposed to be and overwrites that with its new position.

• IK pins are not immovable. With IK the pinning can be absolute, in which case the movement will lock past a certain point, or the movement can be irresistable, in which case pinned bones will move pasta  certain point. Currently DS offers only the latter.

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,605
    I have a script named mcjAutoLimb2015 After you animate evrrything, you select a foot or hand or finger and the script will compute the shldr and forearm rotations to keep the selected joint at its target location
    roezaka said:

Good day!

I often encounter this problem not only in myself but also in other animations. Legs and arms are not fixed at 100% and "vibrate" during the animation. Can this be somehow solved in DAZ?

mCasual

It's incredible that you are doing such things and not DAZ. This is such a necessary thing if you want to make high-quality animations. I already wanted to learn other 3D animation programs, but you saved me from that! Thanks for these awesome scripts!

• mCasual said:

I have a script named mcjAutoLimb2015 After you animate evrrything, you select a foot or hand or finger and the script will compute the shldr and forearm rotations to keep the selected joint at its target location

roezaka said:

Good day!

Hey, mCasual, how are you? So, I've been trying to use your script for a while, since I too got this "shaking hands" problem myself while animating and god, this is very frustrating.

Anyways, the script didn't worked for me and I was wondering if do you have any tips on how is the best way of implementing it. Do I need to have all bones locked/ unlocked? Do I have to take all of the pins in the figures? Is there a limit of frames in the timeline?

Thanks in advance!