Parented objects drifting when figures are moved

I've been trying to solve a really annoying issue I've been seeing in Studio.

When a prop or object is parented to a figure, say a hat or headgear is carfully aligned to the head and then parented to the head, the object unexplicably drifts when the figure is moved or saved and reloaded.

Anyone else seen this or know a solution/work-around?

I've tried creating a group and moving the group, and this seems to complicate the issue, especially if the group is rotated.

indecision

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

There's as many baffling Daz physics hiccups as there are stars in the sky, so I can't say with any certainty, but it sounds like it might be an issue with the joints. Pop into the joint editor and see if there's anything screwy going on that's causing your rotations to swing wide.

• Reality1Reality1 Posts: 115
    edited March 2021

margrave said:

There's as many baffling Daz physics hiccups as there are stars in the sky, so I can't say with any certainty, but it sounds like it might be an issue with the joints. Pop into the joint editor and see if there's anything screwy going on that's causing your rotations to swing wide.

Nope. But thanks, margrave.

I've never seen this with Carrara or any other 3D app. I don't have time to give it detailed docs, but it looks like either sloppy math, or an improper heierarchy in the application of the math. I was just hoping that someoene could show me a way to parent objects to a figure so they will conform to the usual expectations, that the object will remain where you put it when you move it off axis and save it in the library or rotate it in a group.

Might there be a setting for local vs world transformations like there are in some apps?

Post edited by Reality1 on