How to setup a multi screen UI in Daz Studio?

Currently utilizing a three screen/monitor system. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to get Daz Studio to function without drop down menus/pointer cease working?

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

It would be nice.  DS's user interface is from before the days when it was common for people to run multiple monitors.  Perhaps put in a Feature Request ticket?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,046
    edited March 2021

I used to have 3 monitors, the only thing I noticed is it kept putting dialogues on the third one under other stuff open like GPU-Z

so I would be waiting ... confused

( I still do have 3 monitors BTW but a second computer, never bought an additional one, D|S does not play nice with Mouse without borders just so you know)

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,441

I have read about problems using monitors with different resolutions, in case that is what you are doing. Are you spanning the displays with Surround or some other utility? or are they separate desktops?

I have two screens (separate desktops, same resolution), and what I do is drag a tab pane out of its docked position (if it is docked) onto the second screen and make it undockable to operate more like a window. It can be resized / minimized / restored / maximized without affecting the other Studio windows. Giving the Viewport its own screen was the best thing. You can move more tabs to that pane to unclutter the main window, which has the menu bar. I suppose you can do the same with a third monitor.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,046

yes two monitors give me no issues whatsover, my viewport on one and 3 groups of tabs on the other, no sneaky hidden dialogues

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014
    edited March 2021

It's very simple,

From the menu, Window->Panes (Tabs) - Open the one you want (Opens floating on top of everything)
    Active Pane Options (the four horizontal lines)/Left click->Make Pane Undockable

Move the window to another monitor and size as you like, right clicking next to the tab you have gives option to add other tabs.

Edit; Corrected the instructions

DS 3mon.jpg
    5760 x 1200 - 421K
    Post edited by PerttiA on
  • I use dual Mons.... leave the main tool bars as is, undock a pain (ie properties) drag to other screen and size as desired... so I have four off panes, each with multiple tabs. ie Properties also hase Pose and shape tabs, Content pane also has smart content, figure setup and tools panes; Render pane has draw, enviro panes.

for tabs, drag a tab to one of the off panes, is you just drop a pane onto another it will do a split pane (if you like that kind of set up); I like full length panes so I use tabbed panes.

once you've set it all up make sure you save 'workspace'

I have no problems with mouse or pop outs, etc...