Smart Content Warning Error

I'm getting an error on a few newly purchased products that says "Could not adjust thumbnail path from support path, followed by the support path.

The main Smart Content icon is the frame with the explanation point inside.  However, all of the other icons when I drill down inside show.  It's just the main product icon.  It's in the folder where it should be.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Comments

• This seems to be an issue at the moment.

• Db3dDb3d Posts: 248

Richard Haseltine said:

This seems to be an issue at the moment.

You sir are a wealth of DAZ information.  Thank you.

Brent

Richard Haseltine said:

This seems to be an issue at the moment.

Richard, any idea why some products load with the photo icon, and others don't?

I just purchased 3 new products, 1 out of the 3 shows the photo icon in Smart Content.

• Some products seem to be having this issue, it has (in general) been reported to Daz and we may hpe there will be a fix.

• CyberdeneCyberdene Posts: 72

Only a few? Every single d**** item I have is missing thumbnails, it's mad irritating. I wont be buying anything else until they completely do something about that.

edited March 2021

It seems to me this is a DAZ3d Studio issue, and not specifically any product.    

Why do I say this?   Because when I go to the product folder I see the jpeg for the icon, but DAZ3D Studio isn't showing them.

I hope they get it fixed soon.   We're all VISUAL artists, and having to squint to see the tiny print is a frustration.   I'd rather see the pictoral icon.

Post edited by Db3d on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

Db3d said:

It seams to me this is a DAZ3d Studio issue, and not specifically any product.    

Why do I say this?   Because when I go to the product folder I see the jpeg for the icon, but DAZ3D Studio isn't showing them.

I hope they get it fixed soon.   We're all VISUAL artists, and having to squint to see the tiny print is a frustration.   I'd rather see the pictoral icon.

If you use DS online and "Smart" Content, Daz Connect retrieves updated metadata and apparently the thumbnails from DAZ servers over the net and there seems to be a problem with finding the thumbnails on those servers-> No thumbnail.

Use DIM to install your products and use DS offline and the thumbnails will stay intact.

• Almost all thumbnails are broken for me as well.

But here is a workaround:

Copy the Thumbnail from 
    ...DAZ3d\Library\Runtime\Support
    To
    …DAZ3d\Library\data\cloud\meta
    and rename it like:
    DAZ_3D_ID_NAME.jpg To 1_ID.jpg
    E.g.
    DAZ_3D_54349_FG_Gamer_Room_and_Props.jpg To 1_54349.jpg

PerttiA said:

Db3d said:

If you use DS online and "Smart" Content, Daz Connect retrieves updated metadata and apparently the thumbnails from DAZ servers over the net and there seems to be a problem with finding the thumbnails on those servers-> No thumbnail.

Use DIM to install your products and use DS offline and the thumbnails will stay intact.

This doesn't seem to fix it in Smart Conent, but only in the Content Library.

thorsten_370e9b1e2e said:

Almost all thumbnails are broken for me as well.

Copy the Thumbnail from 
    To
    and rename it like:
    E.g.

Ah, I'm there looking at the meta folder and son of a gun, the ones with no thumnail show a jpeg size of 0 KB.  

That's not to difficult to do.  That should keep me busy for a while tomorrow.  :/

And they are easy to spot since they are 0 KB.   I've got 20 such thumnails to replace.

Thank you!

Brent

thorsten_370e9b1e2e said:

Almost all thumbnails are broken for me as well.

Copy the Thumbnail from 
    To
    and rename it like:
    E.g.

It didn't take long to do this, but it fixes the problem.

PerttiA said:

Db3d said:

If this is a server issue, it sounds like the server daz is using might have the permissions on the source directories granting permission to create, but not read or write.   I'm really surprised they are taking so long to fix it.