Bryce 7.1 pro on Windows 8.1 color picker problem

Dave63Dave63 Posts: 49
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Does anyone else have this problem:
Bryce 7.1 pro on Windows 8.1--
The material, sky, and texture labs, when trying to change base colors my color picker looks like it's hovering over a bright yellow( or any other actual color) but returns a random shade of gray.

Under Windows 7, I don't have that problem. Though I always used the compatibility trouble shooter to install 32 bit programs with XP specs( like color space).

Since I don't have that option under Windows 8.1, I have three questions.
The first I already asked, is this something anyone else can verify is happening?
The second is about Vista color spaces. Were they the same as WinXP? I haven't tried that under the troubleshooter because I've never run that OS.
The third is about user input. Is there a way to input color values numericall, instead of with the color picker?

Comments

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@dweomer: Welcome to the forum. I can't answer your question about Win 8.1, but if you hold down the Alt key when you click to pick a color you will be presented with a small window where you can enter color by numbers.

• Dave63Dave63 Posts: 49
    edited December 1969

Thank you! I would rather use numerical input for colors, so that's the best tip!

• Roland4Roland4 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have Windows 8 and i have no problems with Bryce or colors.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@dweomer: You're welcome.

• NavimNavim Posts: 79
    edited December 1969

I am having the same problem with the color picker in the skylab. Is there any fix for this other than the alt key?

Thanks

Mike

• I have that problem in windows 10 using the little drop thing just give me gray tones I can use the number selection but is somethimg but is faster with the drop thing> I dont have that problem in windows 7 or 8

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,127

_ Screenshots _perhaps

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

I had the same problem with Windows10 Bryce 7.1...  Chohole and Slepalex offered suggestions

There are two ways to change the color somewhere in Bryce.
    1. "drag and drop". Open any source of color. Open the file with any picture. Drag the mouse cursor from the sample color to Bryce to any location in the photo. Release the mouse button. Your sample is painted in the color on which you released the button. You can do the "drag and drop" operation inside Bryce by dragging the cursor to any position on the interface. This is very helpful when you want, for example, to copy the sky on the horizon or at the zenith or the color of the haze from the photo.
    2. Call three color palettes.
    a) Click and drag and drop:

b) Alt + Click:

c) Ctrl + Alt + Click:

• EManglEMangl Posts: 30

mtnmen said:

I had the same problem with Windows10 Bryce 7.1...  Chohole and Slepalex offered suggestions

There are two ways to change the color somewhere in Bryce.
    1. "drag and drop". Open any source of color. Open the file with any picture. Drag the mouse cursor from the sample color to Bryce to any location in the photo. Release the mouse button. Your sample is painted in the color on which you released the button. You can do the "drag and drop" operation inside Bryce by dragging the cursor to any position on the interface. This is very helpful when you want, for example, to copy the sky on the horizon or at the zenith or the color of the haze from the photo.
    2. Call three color palettes.
    a) Click and drag and drop:

) Alt + Click:

c) Ctrl + Alt + Click:

sigh, thank you very much - drove me crazy :-)