White lines on Genesis 8 figures in DAZ/Blender/UE4 when zooming out

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been resolved elsewhere but I'm getting this issue with Cleopatra and other G8 (including base figures) in DAZ where I see white seams on maps separating face, body, arms. I see a similar trend in Blender and UE4 when exporting the figure on default (high resolution) via DAZ to Blender/UE4 Bridge. Am I missing something or is there a fix to this?

daz_cleo.png
252 x 175 - 31K

Comments

• Please give the figure some clothes. There is, I think, some discussion of this in the Blender sub-forum.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Please give the figure some clothes. There is, I think, some discussion of this in the Blender sub-forum.

My apologies. Here are some images of the figure with clothes that still show the white line on the head.

Were you referring to this post on the Blender sub-forum (https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/462801/white-lines-on-the-head-when-zooming-out)? I noticed some discussion about Top Coat and resolution reduction upon zooming. I'm not particularly sure if there's a workaround discussed there or elsewhere to correct this.  

ue4_cleo.png
    242 x 523 - 184K
    blender_cleo.png
    310 x 319 - 98K
  • lightnarcissuslightnarcissus Posts: 6
    edited March 2021

Upon testing further, this issue seems to be similar to what was discussed for other G8F figures here (https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/450151/character-skin-seams), the seams on the figure disappear in IRay render but persist in UE4 and when viewed in Daz via Filament. While I can play around with mip-maps and bump as discussed in the linked forum thread, I'm not sure how I can replicate that on UE4 end. 

ue4_cleo_3.png
    308 x 253 - 89K
    daz_cleo_3.png
    217 x 210 - 36K
    Post edited by lightnarcissus on
  • Nevermind, turns out disabling mipmaps within UE4 did the trick. Not ideal, but hope this seams issue is resolved with in a future update perhaps. 

cleo_fixed.PNG
    232 x 248 - 105K
  • Mipmaps ? For me the fix was to disable "Virtual Textures" for the textures of some of the materials. The Virtual texture tick made the texture appear really low Rez which caused errors in the material in UE4.